Sign in to follow this  
Unicorn Warrior

Our Kentucky State Tournament

After attending this last khsaa championship, I was wondering how our State tournament compares to others.

I have participated in 5 Ky state tournaments and attended 6 as a spectator. Our own state tourney is something I find to be the most exciting event around. I've been to pro and college sporting events as well, but it just doesn't compare.

When the lights go out for the finals, the energy and emotion of the crowd is one of a kind. The balloons, body paint, glow sticks, music, celebrations and the cheers and even the boos is all a unique and unforgettable experience. Every year, even after graduating, I still feel that same exciting feeling I felt in 3rd grade when I watched it all for the first time.

I have not ever seen another state tournament, but I feel like Kentucky does it bigtime. I could be wrong.

Do any other state tourneys share the same enthusiasm as we do here in the bluegrass?

I've been going to state since 1997.  Haven't missed a year.  And I must say, the "Party" right before finals this year, was the absolute craziest I've seen.  My best friend got hit in the head with a light bulb. LOL!

I've been going to state since 1997.  Haven't missed a year.  And I must say, the "Party" right before finals this year, was the absolute craziest I've seen.  My best friend got hit in the head with a light bulb. LOL!

i was siting across from that after the light busted out they started fist pumping  :-D

i was siting across from that after the light busted out they started fist pumping  :-D

I was in Tennessee for the past 8 years before this one... KY state is more or less a "party" tennessee is boring compared to KY. But TN does have 8 mats instead of the 4 we have.. (That needs to change)

I'm sure things have changed in the last 20 years ago, but coming from South Carolina, Kentucky's is BIG time. 20+ years ago, The SC state tourney was still being held in a High School gym whith maybe 100-150 spectators.