Sign in to follow this  
thorobred

elementary regionals & all that nonsense

Does anyone have any results? Who is going to state? Any upsets? How many kids are going to be there? How many wt. classes this year? Who is the dominant team in each region? Are there any sleepers? Let's get it rolling! :mrgreen:

Raider youth looked like top dogs as usual. They dominated almost everyone at their regional tournament. Shay Horton plowed through his bracket like they were all first year wrestlers. If they kept team scores it probably would have gone like this.

1. Raider youth

2. Connor

3. Campbell

4. Cooper

5. Walton Verona

That is just a guess past top three. No one else looked impressive enough as a team.

If you wrestled in reg. you can go to state. There is no set weight brackets goes on 10% rule  to 8 man brackets. My guess would be around 600-700 kids.

I think that at least three teams from that region will finish in the top ten again. This is my top ten for state.

1. Fern Creek

2. Raiders

3. Conner

4. Campbell

5. River City

6. South Oldham

7. Oldham

8. Johnson County

9.Bluegrass

10. McCreary

Did Simon Kenton take any medals at regionals? I'm pretty sure they are in Campbell's region. You usually hear some kind of buzz about elementary by now.

I wish they did the team scores at elementary. The little guys are fun to watch.

I'm looking forward to the State tourney. There were several great matches at the regionals. The kids all worked very hard and most looked like they had fun, which after all is the most important fact!!! I would not even begin to try to predict the final team outcomes at state. You never know what might happen, but is sure is going to be fun to watch!!!!

Frank it must be easy to post such post when you dont know anything about wrestling . It seems funny that you didn't mention the school that didn't want you in their program as a top 5 team in the region.

You really need to keep personal barbs to yourself.  Opinions about the best teams are one thing, but personal jabs are out of line.

Frank it must be easy to post such post when you don't know anything about wrestling . It seems funny that you didn't mention the school that didn't want you in their program as a top 5 team in the region.

Mention them yourself monkeyspank, you can post your own post. Believe it or not I was asked by a couple of the SKY coaches including the new director, to keep Thomas in the program. I felt like with me deciding to leave instead of DISMISSING most of the coaches including their current director, Raider youth would be a better fit for Thomas. It worked out better than I expected. You can recheck your facts about Simon Kenton, I know all of the coaches & have a good relationship with every one of them. They like & trusted me enough to ask me to work the high school regionals. How about putting SKY at #4 in the region? That would be a realistic ranking. There are some very good kids in the SKY program that have a very good chance to finish well at the state tournament. That is coming from someone who knows nothing about wrestling, of course. You are hiding behind a fictional name & slinging insults that are not fact based. I get the feeling that you know me personally & are probably one of the coaches I was talking about DISMISSING, so you probably know where I live, my phone number or both. Try one of those venues if I hurt your feelings. I look foreward to seeing or hearing from you monkeyspank. Good luck to the SKY kids.

Frank it must be easy to post such post when you don't know anything about wrestling . It seems funny that you didn't mention the school that didn't want you in their program as a top 5 team in the region.

I've known Frank a lot of years & he knows kids & wrestling. He is a dedicated father & dedicated to growing the sport. Frank you were the best thing to ever happen to SKY. You will be running another program soon!

I've known Frank a lot of years & he knows kids & wrestling. He is a dedicated father & dedicated to growing the sport. Frank you were the best thing to ever happen to SKY. You will be running another program soon!

Thanks thorobred, but I am not interested in running any programs ever again, it gets too political. I do love to help the kids though. I'm sure this was not the intention of your original post. I was only trying to participate with my own thoughts. I did not expect to be attacked especially on a personal level.

Wow less than 24hrs and we are already getting "ugly" lets keep in mind that our children read this and try to stay positive!!!  Looking forward to a GREAT weekend of wrestling, good luck to all the lil guys and girls....

Raiders have a few 12 year old middle schoolers on their team that probably will be in the top 4 at middle school state.  They have alot of younger kids that have alot of skill.  Raiders are my bet.

I think that at least three teams from that region will finish in the top ten again. This is my top ten for state.

1. Fern Creek

2. Raiders

3. Conner

4. Campbell

5. River City

6. South Oldham

7. Oldham

8. Johnson County

9.Bluegrass

10. McCreary

I don't think that Bluegrass even placed at the region 4 tournament.  I believe the team finshes looked like this:

1st  Franklin County

2nd Madison Central

3rd Montgomery Co? or Woodford Co?