Sign in to follow this  
BALL-N-CHAIN

Locking hands

I've seen the following scenario play out three or four times this year and I am becoming frustrated with the lack of knowledge by some officials;

Wrestler "A" is on top and locks his hands. He lets go and continues to wrestle. Before the whistle is blown and the penalty point is awarded, Wrestler "A" locks his hands again. To my knowledge, two--one point penalties should be awarded. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks.

Yes but I think he's asking if you do it before the whistle blows. Can't you lock hands all you want until the whistle blows and still only get one point taken away?

If you lock your hands and keep them lock, never unlocking them, until the whistle blows. That is only 1 point. But if I lock and then let them go, then lock the again before the whistle, that would be two 1 point penalties

If you lock your hands and keep them lock, never unlocking them, until the whistle blows. That is only 1 point. But if I lock and then let them go, then lock the again before the whistle, that would be two 1 point penalties

Wow I never knew that. I've never really locked hands before so this is new stuff to me.

Wow I never knew that. I've never really locked hands before so this is new stuff to me.

I was not aware of this either until I was coaching a m.s. kid and he locked hands and then released....I screamed out at him to keep his hands locked, sooo he locked them a second time.  The ref blew the whistle and called the 2 locking hands.  Big time screw up on a coach's part.  The kid ended up being 1 locking hands call away from forfeiting the match.