chief125

Good Matches

personally since im a region 1 fan :D i liked the bryan hall and mike clark match with like 5 or 10 seconds left bryan took a shot out of desperation and got the takedown and got to go to the finals and wrestle on his own mat.

Parker and Howard was a very exciting match, I think the officiating wasn't very good. There wasn't a takedown at the end of the match and I don't know why the official would call the takedown. Not because time was up, because there was no takedown, Parker was still on his feet. If anything it was fleeing the mat because Parker did run from the center circle all the way out of bounds. But that call is up to the official to make, there were a couple officials that were watching the match that said they would have made the call but that is up to the official. I think it was a well wrestled match on both parts, nobody made any mistakes. Parker and Howard are both great wrestlers and that was a great match, congrats to ozzie, and brandon come back next year and win a state title.

Parker and Howard was a very exciting match' date=' I think the officiating wasn't very good. There wasn't a takedown at the end of the match and I don't know why the official would call the takedown. Not because time was up, because there was no takedown, Parker was still on his feet. If anything it was fleeing the mat because Parker did run from the center circle all the way out of bounds. But that call is up to the official to make, there were a couple officials that were watching the match that said they would have made the call but that is up to the official. I think it was a well wrestled match on both parts, nobody made any mistakes. Parker and Howard are both great wrestlers and that was a great match, congrats to ozzie, and brandon come back next year and win a state title.[/quote']

I was not an offical at the state this weekend, but i did see the match, the call i would have made would have been fleeing the mat on Ozzy, because as soon and howard was in on him he was running for the line, but the officail, i belive cole, did the right thing there

Courtney vs. Banks

I liked the Murton finals match. He pinned his opponent like a play ground bully. That guy is unreal.

sullivan vs parks was pretty exciting' date=' along with the courtney vs banks match.[/quote']

Sullivan / Parks was very good ... very well wrestled on both parts.

Why did Banks let Courtney up like that ? I thought it foolish ... but then again maybe he'd get outwrestled wrestling down or something. Yeah, he took him down pretty easy at the duels, but like he's not gonna fix that between then and now.

I let him up because I knew neither of us would score from top or bottom. The previous matches we wretsled, neither of us really could score on the other. Plus the ref's would call stalling like crazy because i dont think there would be any back points.

Well' date=' it was a good match nonetheless ... i don't want to imply otherwise. There's often good reasons for letting guys up, just didn't play out right this time.[/quote']

I just wish I had been there to see that match, but my vacation didn't begin until Sunday :( Otherwise, I'd have driven up to see it. They're both excellent wrestlers whose only losses (correct me if I'm wrong here were to each other.

I was in a similar situation when I wrestled in high school (hwt). Me and another guy were pretty much dead even and our match scores were always low -- and usually OT. I was usually the one who got the takedown, though. In the region finals one year, we were 0-0 with about 20 seconds left in the third period, and I was the top man. Keeping my takedown record in mind, I decided to completely "let go," back away, and stand up (high risk, I know, but). As soon as he got up and we started back, I hit a single-leg. Final score: 2-0.

Courtney and Banks.. the top two in thier weight class.....both excellnet wrestlers..... both had one loss the whole season and that was to each other.... two of the biggest rivals in high school wrestling " Larue and Woodford".....both of them after the match handled themselfs with respect. What more could you ask for in a state finals match.... they both gave it thier all.... Basically I give thumbs up to both of them...... I am just a wrestling mom but I know were credit is due and they both for thier whole season deserve credit.... as you seen they both worked very hard the whole season to make it that far like they both did... it not only takes skill but heart. Both of you guys did great.