Sign in to follow this  
Frank

SKY Wrestling

Thanks to all of the kids and parents for making this the best season I have had the pleasure of being associated with SKY. I am proud to know each and every one of you. The near perfect 1st session of the state tournament gave me chills. You only lost one match as a team. Great fundamentals, Great execution, Great listening to the coaches, Great awareness, Great wrestling guys! A+ on teaching and learning this year!

Jackson Gatman - 1st place 8 yrs. old

Dalton Smith - 1st place( 2 time champion) 8 yrs. old

Taylor Conrad - 2nd place (2 time runner up and 1 time 3rd) 8yrs. old

Gaige Paff - 1st place ( 1st year wrestler/ awesome kid) 8yrs. ols

Brennan Conrad - 1st place ( 1st year eligible for state) 5yrs. old

Gavin Smith - 1st place ( 2nd year wrestler) 12yrs. old

Thomas Kloentrup - 4th place ( Major improvement) 11 yrs. old

Caleb Fausz - 3rd place ( 1st year great athlete) 11 yrs. old

Owen Powell - 4th place ( 1st year tough kid) 11 yrs. old

Caije Dilts - 4th place ( 1st year wrestler tough kid) 10yrs. old

Thomas King - 1st place ( 2 time champion) 10 yrs. old

Thanks Fern Creek for the best state tournament to date! You guys worked your tails off to put together a top notch tournament.

Simon Kenton looked great at the tournament!  Great job to your team.  Thank you very much on the compliments for the tournament.

CONGRATS to the SKY team y'all did an excellent job. While I'm on here I would also like to give congrats to all 3rd region teams keep up the great work our high schools should be very proud.

Thanks to all of the kids and parents for making this the best season I have had the pleasure of being associated with SKY. I am proud to know each and every one of you. The near perfect 1st session of the state tournament gave me chills. You only lost one match as a team. Great fundamentals, Great execution, Great listening to the coaches, Great awareness, Great wrestling guys! A+ on teaching and learning this year!

Jackson Gatman - 1st place ( Excellent Defensive wrestler) 8 yrs. old

Dalton Smith - 1st place( 2 time champion) 8 yrs. old

Taylor Conrad - 2nd place (2 time runner up and 1 time 3rd) 8yrs. old

Gaige Paff - 1st place ( 1st year wrestler/ awesome kid) 8yrs. ols

Brennan Conrad - 1st place ( 1st year eligible for state) 5yrs. old

Gavin Smith - 1st place ( 2nd year wrestler) 12yrs. old

Thomas Kloentrup - 4th place ( Major improvement) 11 yrs. old

Caleb Fausz - 3rd place ( 1st year great athlete) 11 yrs. old

Owen Powell - 4th place ( 1st year tough kid) 11 yrs. old

Caije Dilts - 4th place ( 1st year wrestler tough kid) 10yrs. old

Thomas King - 1st place ( 2 time champion) 10 yrs. old

Thanks Fern Creek for the best state tournament to date! You guys worked your tails off to put together a top notch tournament.

Congratulation SKY on an outstanding tournament!! Your winning percentage was one of the highest of any team in the tournament. We need to take a hard look at how team scoring is determined next year so it is fair for everyone.

Obviously you have a great coaching staff as it is reflected on your wrestlers performance.

I was thinking on how to make things easier and fair both size teams. If they do brackets all the way thru like they 5-8 age group and make every 8 man bracket a scoring bracket. Then every winner would be the "true state champion". Also to make it fair for smaller teams have a small and large team winner. I believe this would be easiest and fairest to score until we grow more even in numbers in each weight class to have top 4 qualifing reg. But right now its just not close enough to make sense, only the 70 - 90 lb classes comes near the numbers you need in all predeterimend classes. I really hopes it gets to the point were it haves to be that way that means this great sport is growing and there will be a lot of good young men & women in this world.