Sign in to follow this  
thomam

Horsepower Wrestling Club - Louisville, Ky

Horsepower Wrestling Club starts today (March 9th) Practices are every Monday and Wednesday from 6pm - 7:30pm.

HPWC takes place at Moore. Go around back side of building and follow the street all the way down and to the left near the garages. You will see door 13. The wrestling room is through there.

Sasa Petkovic will be a regular instructor at the Horsepower Wrestling Club. Sasa trained at the Olympic Training center for a number of years and his dad is resident Greco Coach there as well as an Olympic Champion.

If you already have a card then your good, it cost nothing. If you don't have a card you can join the HPWC for $35.00.

Any questions please ask them here.

Mondays and Wednesdays 6-7:30. Nice facility to practice in. Sasha Petkovic is a regular instructor.

Just bring your USA Wrestling card.

Went there last week and there was some really good middle school competition in the 80 - 95 lb range. Shirkey, Korfhage, Hall and Bryant were banging around. If you're in this range come out Monday and Wednesday there all supposed to be there. These 4 were working at a high intensity.  There were a couple of middle school heavies and 3 - 4 from the high school team working out. Nice workout facility with a good atmosphere for wrestling.

Went there last week and there was some really good middle school competition in the 80 - 95 lb range. Shirkey, Korfhage, Hall and Bryant were banging around. If you're in this range come out Monday and Wednesday there all supposed to be there. These 4 were working at a high intensity.  There were a couple of middle school heavies and 3 - 4 from the high school team working out. Nice workout facility with a good atmosphere for wrestling.

I agree. I just got back from a practice there and I have to say it went very smooth. Good instruction by a variety of coaches, lots of different wrestlers (elem-high) for pretty much everyone to practice with, and a good room to practice in. There were kids from Seneca, a few from St. X, couple manual kids, so they're bringing in a nice mix of wrestlers. If anyone is looking for an open mat in the Louisville area, this would be a good choice IMO.

Yea I know there were plenty of kids at least close to that weight. For instance, Felix Casa de Valle (112) came with me from Seneca. But I'd say there were at least 7 or 8 kids around 90-119 or so.

Yea I know there were plenty of kids at least close to that weight. For instance, Felix Casa de Valle (112) came with me from Seneca. But I'd say there were at least 7 or 8 kids around 90-119 or so.

sweet, i used to wrestle with felix at trinty, i going to try to come up there

Lost??

People sometimes have difficulty finding the wrestling room at Moore. Turn into Moore from the Outer Loop and follow that road around the building. When you come to the 4-way stop you will go straight ahead. You will then come to another stop sign. Go straight through that one also and it will curve down to the left. Park near the garage and enter through door 13.

We have had wrestlers from:

East Oldham Middle

Moore high and middle

Manual

Eastern

St. X

River City

Seneca

I may be missing a few others

Quite a crowd. Bring your card and come work out!