Sign in to follow this  
Ubtapinzson

Tough Practice

the hardest practices were down at cumberland. when school started the practices started, and so did the conditioning runs. The run was called the "river run", it's like 12 miles round trip up and down hills, and then we would go further as the season went on....and wrestling practice was after the run......pretty rough....and a couple of days before matches and tournaments, practices would be "burnout" type conditioning and for weight cutting...pretty intense...and you could always guaranteed (sp) that the heaters were on and turned up....

You can go online to sites like flowrestling to get an idea of how St. Paris Graham practices.  There is a videa of Ben Jordan (now wrestling at Wisconsin) drilling with one of the assistants at Graham. It's pretty intense and I think every kid who thinks they are "working their hardest" should watch that video.

Before hoptown started their downward spiral about 10 -12 years ago, when Jim Ploesser was there, you had sweat puddles every five feet.  Balls to the walls everyday was a compatition to see who could work the hardest.  You didnt want the man beside you, out drilling you or out hustling you.  Every night I dragged my butt home, took another shower after the one I took at the school.  Crawled into bed and passed out.  Started the cycle all over the next day    :-D