gatorade12

cutting weight?

what i have noticed so far with my experience with wrestling is that cutting weight is a huge part in a wrestlers success. From what i have seen is that wrestlers have a hard time succeeding if they wrestle at what they weight. I want to know how much weight you cut and if thats a big part of your success and why you cut so much weight i.e (because u have to to make varisity, to fill the spots, or what)

Freshmen year I dropped from 280 to 213, sohpmore year, after football I weighed 250, then dropped to 215, last year, I weighed 235 and dropped to 205 and then I gained 6olbs over the summer and now weigh 265. Ever year I lost weight was because we didnt have a 215 but we did have a HWT, but he graduated and we didnt have another one.

i've actually found that cutting alot of weight can be a big huge disadvantage. I started at about 170 and got as low as 135. Cutting all that weight really did a number on my strength. I finally got some of it back when i got used to the weight but in the begining it really hurt my ability.

woodford86,

why are you running your mouth so much Jason Hardin is the best hwt in the state. he will win state and then maybe, just maybe you will stop running your mouth abot him. because not only is he a great wrestler but he is a great friend, mentor, and an all around great person and he does not deserve the disrespect that you are showing him. so you really need to stop talking so much smack and lets take it to the mat and see who the better wrestler is and i bet Jason Hardin will come out on top. no i garentee it.

I never was a big fan of cutting weight. My junior year I tried to cut from about 132 down to 119...I ended up wrestling the first tournament of the year at 119, but I couldn't keep the weight off. I wrestled at 135 for the rest of the year, ended up having a decent year and went to state. Cutting a lot of weight, like I tried to do (10 or so pounds may not seem like a lot, but when you were skin and bones to start with it's tough) is not a good idea; it basically depends on the wrestler's size, body fat %, etc.