Sign in to follow this  
hasbeen

Mt. Healthy Youth Tournament

Conner had several placers at this tournament on Sunday up at Mt. Healthy

-Lane Jones took 1st at 110 with a near tech fall against Ohio Grade School Champ Austin Meyers (Team Jordan/ Prodigy)

Lane dominated only giving up two points at the end of the third period winning 13-2

-Logan Jones took 1st as well at 92. Had two good matches against kids from Lakota West and Loveland. He won 4-2 in the finals

-Derek Wiley took 3rd at 70, was winning 5-0 in the second period before getting rolled on a cradle. Battled back with some quick pins  to get 3rd

-Colton Cooper took 4th at 70 wrestled a buzzsaw in the first round from Team Miron but battled back and took 4th

-Jermain Moore took  3rd at 110, losing by two points to Austin Meyers on a last second takedown. Score was 2-0

-Darian Wolz. took 3rd I believe ( dont hold me too it) He look good in the two matches that i was able to watch him wrestle. He is pretty slick for a big guy

-Jacob King took 1st in his first ever tournament. The kid had only been wrestling for about a week and a half so not to shabby.

-Kenny Carter took 4th at 92 (different age group than Logan Jones) He ran in too a truck in the first match losing to Stephen Meyers a Middle School State Champ in Ohio via pin in second period. He rattled off two straight wins after that before losing in the finals by 1 point to Fairfield.

Overall it was a good day but the tournament took FOREVER!!!