Sign in to follow this  
kdsmith27

12 Ways To Break Your Opponent

12 Ways To Break Your Opponent

by Steve Fraser

What do I mean, "Break your opponent?" When I talk about breaking your opponent, I'm not talking about causing an injury by breaking a bone or tearing a muscle. I am talking about breaking his will to fight. Breaking his confidence and his concentration. I am talking about pushing him past his comfort zone. I am talking about taxing his mental, physical and emotional capacities. Breaking your opponent mentally means you have forced him to think negative thoughts like "he's too tough, too conditioned, too good." I want him to think he is tired and have doubts about his chances of winning. Physically it means that your opponent is getting fatigued beyond his capacity. Emotionally breaking your opponent means that he is now completely exhausted looking just to somehow survive. He has surrendered, giving up any thoughts of winning.

Breaking your opponent's will to fight. Making him quit. What does that look like? In a match or practice you will see many signs of this. Here is a list of some things to look for.

Sign in to follow this