Sign in to follow this  
wrestlinggods

Thoughts to improve wrestling in kentucky!!!

does Indiana have a division system???

If not how did they decide who was at what location.

I think it would be cool to have one location for the championship rounds and the second location for the consolation rounds.  At least for the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

Mathound wow you are a genius I think you may be correct in that its not the 32 man bracket that is the problem, but the 3 days.  hey mr Thacket are you listening?? you can have your cake and eat it to. all you need to do is move the tourn. and add more mats. Wow such a simple solution, to bad someone didn't think about this earlier.  :-o

Guest wrestler92

There has been talk of taking the tournament to EKU campus which would hold 6 mats.  Problem there is lack of hotels, restaurants and they weren't going to give the arena to KHSAA free like Frankfort does.  Another problem would be people to run the tournament, Franklin County hs does it now and does a great job with very little (or no) recognition and thanks.  Who would do it then, as there is no hs school in Richmond that would be able to support it.  I believe about 3 years ago it was a blink away from switching, but one thing kept it at Frankfort.  I think this would be the biggest challenge to the state tournament that we would come across anywhere. 

As far as realigning the regions, it would be hard to do it much different as you have some schools that are just grouped together because they are close....if  you spread those regions out than you create a problem with being able to wrestle each other without staying overnight.  There has always been some regions that are tougher than others, and I don't see anyway to really stop it as you will always have some teams that are up and down some years.  That's just the way sports (and life) are.