Sign in to follow this  
wkymatdad

Border Wars

Is anybody going? We went to State there and it went great (I thought). I wish they all went that smooth and fast.  I wonder if Border Wars will be the same format and how many kids usually attend. Is it worth making the trip up?

Is anybody going? We went to State there and it went great (I thought). I wish they all went that smooth and fast.  I wonder if Border Wars will be the same format and how many kids usually attend. Is it worth making the trip up?

We are doing pretty good on preregistrations.  So far I have about 60 pre-registered, and that's about what we had last year at this time or more.  Our final number was 255 wrestlers last year.  I'm using the same software that we used to set up the elementary state brackets, so we should easily start on time this year (for the first time for the cougar kids open)  we may even start early if we have the brackets ready to go and printed out early.

All matches will be on full mats.  We will only be using certified refs.  The format is slightly modified though. 

1) every time wrestlers go out of bounds, we start them back on their feet even if 1 wrestler had control.

2) if there is not much action going on on the mat, after 20 seconds the ref will break the action and restart the match on their feet.

3) the time periods will be as stated on the flyer.

We have used this format in the past and some people like it, some people hate it...i think the majority of people like it.

Hope to see you there.

Pat

Thanks for the info. I just want to say that you and your staff did a great job at State, especially after all the controversy. I signed my boy up today and I hope everyone comes back for another big turnout. What is this tournament a qualifier for? A national tournament?

Thanks for the info. I just want to say that you and your staff did a great job at State, especially after all the controversy. I signed my boy up today and I hope everyone comes back for another big turnout. What is this tournament a qualifier for? A national tournament?

Thank you for saying that.  It's a qualifier for the Border Wars National championship in Michigan.  Here's a link to that site.  www.borderwarswrestling.com.  It's a great tournament if you are interested in going.