Sign in to follow this  
wrestling4life

Officiating at regions

Big black ref to me was terrible and he threatened a fan from Fairdale.  Ha.  You can't do that.  He called some pins when kids shoulders were way off the mat and cheated some wrestlers.  But as far as our kids go he didn't screw up.  Only thing I hate is that he tries to steal the show.  Nobody is there to watch you be loud and annoying, they are there to watch the wrestlers..

the refs in region 6 were slow to call pins as well.  Everyone knows that Tod cole is natorious for his quick pins, but he was extremely hesitant to call them at regionals. 

i don't know if this was the case with Cole this weekend or any other ref....but a good ref once told me that during the season they like to call pins quicker....so the kids will learn to stay off their backs for when it matters - regionals and state.  i think the refs should just call them consistently, and avoid the controversy.....but some refs do feel a bit of an obligation to "teach" the wrestlers a bit during the season.  that could be viewed as a good thing i think.

It is hard to accept a loss and own up to it when you are beaten by a 3 seed!

i know that taking a defeet is hard for anybody but to know they had a person beat and have that taken away by poor reffing is a shame in region 2 it should have been woods and henderson personally if i had to be given a match then so be it hopefully henderson or woods can meet woodbine at state then let the chips fall wherever they may