Sign in to follow this  
wrestlingforyears

Fern Creek Not going to State Duals

Guest wrestler92

Yea Fern Creek must have had several guys out because a few weeks ago I heard that North Barely beat John Hardin...and weren't too far above Iroquois or Moore.  Wonder what the results were.

Sounds like there might be some gloating going on here....I may be wrong but isn't it a little too late to be changing who will be at state duals?  Doesn't how you place at the previous state tournament help decide who will be there along with this years record????  Just curious. 

no. each region has a system for how the 2 representatives get selected. For example: 2 or 3 regions have a "regional dual tournament" while others use regular season dual results to decide who goes. You could have placed dead last at State last year, but win one of your regional spots this year and still go to State Duals.

You didn't beat Fern Creek.

You beat a team missing about I believe, 7? of our varsity wrestlers.

Know what you're talking about, that was NOT Fern Creek, and for North to take our spot is just ludicris and should not happen.

Whatever, they won, if they want it that bad, they can have it in my opinion.

for North to take our spot is just ludicris and should not happen.

It's ludicrous that some Fern Creek wrestlers didn't wrestle because they "didn't want to wrestle" (direct quote from a Fern Creek wrestler) against North Oldham, and decided not to show. It's their own fault for letting this happen. Or that some kids on their team were 5 to 10 pounds over, so they didn't weigh-in.

To be exact, North earned their way to State Duals by winning 2 matches. They pinned @ 135 and 215. Forfiets @ 119, 125, 145, 152, 160 and heavyweight. Won by pin Warren @ 103 and JV @ 112, Branch won in OT @ 130, Stewart Maj dec.@ 140, Waller pinned@ 171, Hardin pinned@ 189. So Congratulations North, you snuck your way in!!! If I were FC Seniors, I would be highly upset with these forfeits!

It's ludicrous that some Fern Creek wrestlers didn't wrestle because they "didn't want to wrestle" (direct quote from a Fern Creek wrestler) against North Oldham, and decided not to show. It's their own fault for letting this happen. Or that some kids on their team were 5 to 10 pounds over, so they didn't weigh-in.

Don't degrade the team and other teammates, yes it was a bad choice by them, but not everyone's fault.

Yes it's State Duals which is totally a TEAM thing, but for them to do something like this is just stupid, I mean we would've had to PIN EVERY SINGLE MATCH of the night just to TIE them. We really didn't even lose that bad and we gave up JV at 112 and 215, and forfeited 119,125,145,152,160, and heavyweight.

Show me any team that can win against those odds.

To be exact, North earned their way to State Duals by winning 2 matches. They pinned @ 135 and 215. Forfiets @ 119, 125, 145, 152, 160 and heavyweight. Won by pin Warren @ 103 and JV @ 112, Branch won in OT @ 130, Stewart Maj dec.@ 140, Waller pinned@ 171, Hardin pinned@ 189. So Congratulations North, you snuck your way in!!! If I were FC Seniors, I would be highly upset with these forfeits!

Don't degrade the team and other teammates, yes it was a bad choice by them, but not everyone's fault.

Yes it's State Duals which is totally a TEAM thing, but for them to do something like this is just stupid, I mean we would've had to PIN EVERY SINGLE MATCH of the night just to TIE them. We really didn't even lose that bad and we gave up JV at 112 and 215, and forfeited 119,125,145,152,160, and heavyweight.

Show me any team that can win against those odds.

i dont see how that is degrading at all, im just saying what i heard from the FC wrestlers i talked to. a team is only as good as it's weakest link. its degrading that FC wrestlers are going to tell the other team that their wrestlers just didn't want to show up.

I heard many things why Fern Creek kids didn't show up, because they were hurt, because they were sick, because they didn't want to wrestle, they wanted to take a rest, they were ineligible.  If you ask me this just sounds like a bunch of excuses and after all that they don't even deserve to wrestle at state duals.  Yea North might not have beaten Fern Creek at it's toughest but your only as good as the weakest teammate.  They should have figured that any team is a threat in the region.

fern creek was missing daniel wexiler 112,caleb wood 119, malcolm jackson 140,ben barger 145, cody mann 152, johnny wolsiefer 160, deon cchaney 215  and to get information right we didnt all miss because we didnt wanna wrestle some are are hurt some of us are dealing with injurys. everyone knos this aint right on all levels.

Regardless you guys should've been able to plug a few of those guys in to beat a team like North, not taking anything away from them. But having 7 people hurt? did u guys get in a bus wreck or something?

You didn't beat Fern Creek.

You beat a team missing about I believe, 7? of our varsity wrestlers.

Know what you're talking about, that was NOT Fern Creek, and for North to take our spot is just ludicris and should not happen.

Whatever, they won, if they want it that bad, they can have it in my opinion.

Um, FYI, the rules clearly state you have to be one of the top two teams in your region. North Oldham beat Fern Creek, whether it was short wrestlers or not, and NO is now the No. 2 team in that region.

And I also believe the rule says you must beat every team in your region to qualify for the State Duals. If not, see ya, you're not going to the State Duals.

In that case, North Oldham SHOULD take your spot at the State Duals because you all can't follow the rules.

What about Larue, are they cleared to wrestle yet? i heard most of there team was out with staph?

False info. There were two wrestlers out with staph infection...that's it. And yes, they will be wrestling this weekend.

Um, FYI, the rules clearly state you have to be one of the top two teams in your region. North Oldham beat Fern Creek, whether it was short wrestlers or not, and NO is now the No. 2 team in that region.

And I also believe the rule says you must beat every team in your region to qualify for the State Duals. If not, see ya, you're not going to the State Duals.

In that case, North Oldham SHOULD take your spot at the State Duals because you all can't follow the rules.

I mean, I get what you're saying but I mean if you don't have your full line up, then I don't think they should be able to take your spot. I mean, Fern Creek beat South Oldham by what, 50 something? And lost to North Oldham by like 20, giving up 7 weight classes or so?

Come on, I think that has to account for something, but if not, I guess you're right, and Fern Creek doesn't deserve anything.

If all 7 of those kids are injured, then I don't see why they should be punished. But, if they are injured wouldn't you have someone behind them that could have wrestled against North Oldham?

If all 7 skipped wrestling North because they "didn't want to" or whatever, then North should be in over them, plain and simple.