Sign in to follow this  
hawkeyeof old

TOALL coaches and wrestlers

hey guts this NHCA duels in july is a good thing i think as being coaches and wrestlers we should get more pumped up about this subject than we have not many post about the first time it was mentioned on here witch suprises me because you would think there would be alot of interest in going and showing what we are made of coaches you should encourage this any time you can wrestle good kids it will just make your kids better  hawkeyeof old.

Probaby the reaon it is not getting much attention is because we are in the middle of out season getting ready for the state tourney.  Everyone has more important things to worry about.  Such as the Regional and State tourneys.

$$$ and time is another problem here.  $749 entry fee or $41 a wrestler.  4 days of wrestling in Iowa = 5-6 nights in a hotel.  Not to mention the cost for the parents.

I also don't know how many coaches belong to the NWCA. The coach must be a member to attend.

Dual tournaments during July are very difficult for Kentucky teams for several reasons:

1. Teams don't have access to their budget yet and individuals can't afford to travel.                                             

2. The dead period eliminates the chance to practice together.

3. Many of the wrestlers play football and their season starts in July.

4. Coaches are not allowed to be around their wrestlers in the off-season while school is in session.  This leaves very little time to get prepared.

Dual tournaments during July are very difficult for Kentucky teams for several reasons:

1. Teams don't have access to their budget yet and individuals can't afford to travel.                                               

2. The dead period eliminates the chance to practice together.

3. Many of the wrestlers play football and their season starts in July.

4. Coaches are not allowed to be around their wrestlers in the off-season while school is in session.  This leaves very little time to get prepared.

This is exactly the point I was making before....it is hard for individual wrestlers to wrestle in these off season tourneys for the exact reasons listed above.  I am not sure how the whole Trinity team was able to participate in the off season tourney we attended (and weigh in the evening before at their own school) - maybe there are ways around it - I will say there were no coaches there it was all parental involvement - but I know our school cannot afford this kind of financial commitment and the coaches are not permitted to attend any sort of practices and while there are some very committed parents you are looking at  financial commitment also.