Sign in to follow this  
That's two points

Should u Wrestle YEAR Round?

Most of our kids try not to blow up over the summer by eating clean and exercise which I feel is the best course of action. I agree cutting that much weight that fast is very dangerous. If I caught my oldest nephew cutting like that I would kick the piss out of him.

I've seen numerous kids lose weight and keep it off.  It comes down to their discipline and how much they want to get and stay healthier.  Dieting and exercising is completely different from cutting.  Or at least to me it is in the context that it is generally used in wrestling.

It should be up to the kids.  You have to beat the best to be the best and their are plenty of studs at all weights.

Maybe during the off season you see how well you do on your own at a particular weight.  You aren't going to have the same types of practices and if you're truly committed to being better and testing the waters at a weight you should get their.  Do it safely and in a healthy manner.  When season rolls around it'll be a walk in the park because you've been doing it for a couple months without having wrestling practice every day.

Just my two cents on weight.

• Upvote 1