Sign in to follow this  
Raiders Wrestling

Skyler Martinson

I don't post on here much to talk about my kids or anything else but I want to take the time to say congrats to Skyler Martinson who will be attending St. Catherines to room with his friend        Andrew Akley from Nelson Co. From someone who still considers himself new to the sport after 12 years I have learned a few things and one is nothing is a guarantee with injuries and other things its a hard sport to say the least. The kids have to go through so much more than people would ever realize if not a wrestler or in our world. The ups and downs for all these kids is huge week after week. For Skyler he has had numerous injuries over the last few years and even this year. Torn muscles, broken collar bone and others to mention a few, but he fought through it all to be able to live out his dream and finish on the podium he entered the state tourney injured this year and then suffered another when he faced Bryce the 3 time champ in the quarters this year which was the 3rd year in a row to face him there so much for random draw LOL. After all was said he still fought hard and made it. As a coach and dad I couldn't be prouder of the young man he has become. He has done the best he can with limited resources have at DC and we are very proud of him. I would like to thank those who have helped get my son to this level and I look forward to those who will be helping he become a much better wrestler at the next level as he gets better coaching and others around him. Again thanks to all who have helped him either with me or at the camps he has attended. You have helped him become only the second wrestler ever to medal at state from DC, win 100 matches at DC, and become the kid with the best     record  in DC history as well as most accomplished with a 3rd place finish at East Worlds and 2nd place at Brute Nationals. Thanks to all again. Good luck kid love you.

• Upvote 2