Sign in to follow this  
gh0pper

My son

This is a little note to tell my son how proud I am, not of his athletic accomplishments but of the man he has become. While he didn't win the championship he wanted he has touched others because of his big heart. When his younger brother came to live with us we weren't sure what we were going to do. Collin said, " he can have my room." And when I was talking of changing shifts Collin volunteered to help with his little brother who has special needs. I don't know too many teenagers who would get up an hour and a half earlier than they had to do this. He also gave a man his new shoes that he had just bought with his money he earns working part time when the family was burned out of their home. That paid off when the man donated 30 pizzas to our hospitality room for the Mustang Classic. My only regrets are not telling him this every day now that he is about to embark on his next journey into college. I don't have to sign my name for people who know him to realize who I'm talking about. He is a true champion at heart.

• Upvote 4

Wow after reading this I am a bigger fan of your son than I was before. First met him at Midwest Nationals 4 years ago, and even then he carried himself like an adult.  Then in Michigan this summer wrestling national level kids at least 20-30 pounds bigger and never wavering or complaining. I know his season didn't end the way he expected, but know he's a champion to all that have been around him. Good luck in the future Collin

• Upvote 1

We are very fortunate to have your son as a great example for my three sons to emulate. My freshman wrestler and middle school wrestlers truly admire him and look up to him.