Sign in to follow this  
Nolans Dad

Kentucky Bad Weather issues please read!

Wrestlers work hard, making and keeping weight... Just curious, if the weather is bad, will they go on with the Region's or reschedule? If the meet is delayed till later I heard a rumor they will allow an extra 2lbs at weigh inns? Is that true or false? One year McNabb wasn't able to go and compete because our school administrators said no because of the bad weather.. or at least that's what I was told.., even tho the event wasn't cancelled... Just curious what might happen? Our Regions are at Johnson Central..? Ready to Rock and Roll! Hope the weather let's us! Is there anyone I contact about the EXTRA 2lbs if it's delayed? And if that's true or not?

The decision to reschedule each regional event is up to the team hosting the event and their administration. In the past, an extra pound has sometimes been given during bad weather when many teams have had to cancel practice the week of a postseason event or when a postseason event has had to be rescheduled.  This decision is made by the KSWA Board. 

It is probably a little too early to think about getting extra weight because at this point no team should have missed a practice due to weather. I am sure there will be some who miss practice today. But usually one missed practice in the middle of the week due to weather does not justify extra weight. Most middle school teams don't even practice every day. Now more snow Friday/Saturday could create an issue. We will just have to weight and see.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Nolans Dad said:

Wrestlers work hard, making and keeping weight... Just curious, if the weather is bad, will they go on with the Region's or reschedule? If the meet is delayed till later I heard a rumor they will allow an extra 2lbs at weigh inns? Is that true or false? One year McNabb wasn't able to go and compete because our school administrators said no because of the bad weather.. or at least that's what I was told.., even tho the event wasn't cancelled... Just curious what might happen? Our Regions are at Johnson Central..? Ready to Rock and Roll! Hope the weather let's us! Is there anyone I contact about the EXTRA 2lbs if it's delayed? And if that's true or not?

It looks like the 2lb rumor you heard was from the WEATHER!! thread and my post in it. I was speaking about the Region 1 Tournament, as the flyer that is also posted on this site states Wrestlers will receive a 2 pound allowance. Sorry I was not more specific about that in my previous post. Also to answer the question you posted iv that thread, Yes that is Kentucky.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, marriedtothemat said:

The decision to reschedule each regional event is up to the team hosting the event and their administration. In the past, an extra pound has sometimes been given during bad weather when many teams have had to cancel practice the week of a postseason event or when a postseason event has had to be rescheduled.  This decision is made by the KSWA Board. 

It is probably a little too early to think about getting extra weight because at this point no team should have missed a practice due to weather. I am sure there will be some who miss practice today. But usually one missed practice in the middle of the week due to weather does not justify extra weight. Most middle school teams don't even practice every day. Now more snow Friday/Saturday could create an issue. We will just have to weight and see.

Please keep us updated if they allow you extra weight...We missed practice today... Looking to go run in the gym if they are open..