Sign in to follow this  
FalconWrestling

Region 1 Rankings 11/22/15

I put these off for as long as I could, I don't have rosters from Paducah, McCracken, or UHA and I don't have weights from Hoptown. Also I am pretty sure the roster I have for Fort Campbell is wrong so I will have to get on to half about that. Anyway using the best I've got this is what I have going into the first week of the season. Most weights I was able to squeeze out a top 4, hopefully these will improve once information starts trickling in.

1. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio County
2. Daniel Knight, Christian County
3. Keegan Slone, Trigg County
4. Billy Eggers, Fort Campbell
5. ???
6. ???

As is the issue with 106 people rarely stay at this weight for long, unless they are Kaleb Sapp. Sapp is the heavy favorite here but should be wary of Daniel Knight. I had to scrounge to finish a top 4 at this weight, hopefully it will be clearer in a week or two

1. Dale Robertson, Hoptown
2. Austin Grant-Hall, Christian County
3. Ray Hamilton, Paducah
4. Ryan Heidrick, Union County
5. ???
6. ???

Not sure if Robertson or Hamilton will be here since I don't have weights for either team. If Agulto is at 113 instead of Grant-Hall then Agulto gets the #1 spot, just doing my best to predict the lineup here. 

1. Louie Regaldo, Fort Campbell
2. Edward Agulto, Christian County
3. Billy Pride, Union County
4. Jacob Burkeen, Trigg County
5. ???
6. ???

Not sure if Louie will be here or somewhere else. If he is at 120 he is the favorite to possibly pin through regions and could finish top 5 in state.

1. Saul Ervin, Union County
2. Nick Dickerson, Calloway County
3. Alex Curl, Fort Campbell
4. Cameron Dearmond, Hoptown
5. Jeffrey Mathis, McCracken County
6. Zach McCoy, Ohio County

This weight has the potential to be scary good depending on how all the weights turn out. Saul is of course competing for the state title but everyone else who are competitive at this weight at least eyeing the podium. Because of how stacked this weight could be I imagine most people will move to other weight classes.

1. Camerin Cole, Christian County
2. Scott Ruttman, Calloway County
3. Devonta Turner, Trigg County
4. Gideon Ellison, Fort Campbell
5. ???
6. ???

Another weight I predict to be very tough, but just how tough is still hazy based off of current information.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County
2. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg County
3. Chance Collins, UHA
4. Jacob Bellah, Calloway County
5. Antonio Abren, Christian County
6. ???

If Sheffer, Kline, and Collins both stay at this weight this will be one of the premier match ups in the region. Sheffer would be highly favored but Collins is a very tough wrestler and Kline has been high level for a very long time.

1. Kobe Perry, Christian County
2. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell
3. Micah Ervin, Union County
4. Justin Crabtree, Trigg County 
5. Evan Martin, McCracken County
6. ???

Perry is the favorite assuming he is here. Ryder should be able to make 145 again, but I don't know if he will be at 145 to start the season.

1. Chance Oxford, Union County
2. Ivan Lawson, Hoptown
3. Malik Cunningham, Trigg County
4. Josh McCoy, Ohio County
5. Kenyon Drayton, Christian County
6. ???

Another weight that is very hazy right now

1. Jackson Oxford, Union County
2. Diion Leavell, Christian County
3. Caleb Riley, Caldwell County
4. Jack Haynes, Calloway County
5. ???
6. ???

I half expect Leavell to be at 152, Oxford should make top 8 in the state.

1. Isaiah Lawson, Hoptown
2. Avery Buckman, Union County
3. Keyven Sells, Christian County
4. Dylan Grey, Caldwell County
5. ???
6. ???

The top four at this weight is insane assuming these three wrestlers find themselves at this weight. It would be one of those battles that look different every week. Lawson gets the nod because he is the returning placer at this weight. Buckman is a returning placer from a weight down. I have Gray at 4th because he is moving up so many weight classes. This is one of those 1a, 1b, etc situations.

1. Katayvon Anthony, Hoptown
2. Mario Perez, Calloway County
3. Braden Sperry, Caldwell County
4. Alex Billiter, Christian County
5. Payton Ervin, Union County
6. ???

This weight seems to be filled a little bit by extras, people who are moving up a lot of weight for example. Anthony is a solid favorite from this projection but I am interested to see how this weight looks going forward.

1. Phil Bradley, UHA
2. Anthony Adkinson, Fort Campbell
3. Jared Turner, Paducah Tilghman
4. Levi Gross, McCracken County
5. ???
6. ???

If Bradley is here he should go pretty much untouched through the region.

1. Cole Sherman, Union County
2. Kjauwan Major, Christian County
3. Chance Orr, Paducah Tilghman
4. Josh Efinger, Calloway County
5. Dylan Marlow, Ohio County
6. ???

This should be a very interesting weight assuming these weights are correct. Sherman, Major, and Orr are fighting for spots in the region finals with Efinger not far behind. Sherman seems pretty locked in as the region champ but the upper weights have a history of unexpected results.

1. David Nikolao, Fort Campbell
2. Conner Sherman, Union County
3. Logan Thomas, Hoptown
4. Tige Littlefield, Caldwell County
5. David Clark, Calloway County
6. Mahlon Ray, Christian County

Sherman and Nikolao will probably be a back and forth battle and the two should be eyeing top 4 finishes at state. Nikolao gets the nod here based off of his proven success at this weight while Sherman is moving up. Overall this weight is one of the better in the region and there is a lot of talent fighting for only four spots.

Team Race

1. Union County (36.5)

Only doing a top 5 this year. Union County comes in at #1 again. They are led by state title threats such as Saul Ervin and Bryce Sheffer. The team as a whole is a lot less proven then they have been in years past, a lot of young potential but not so many proven stars. The Oxfords and the Shermans are all seeking high podium finishes while a new batch of Ervins seek to carry on the mantle of their name. Union is still a threat for the team title but I will have to see them compete a bit before I throw my support behind them.

2. Christian County (29.5)

Christian County is as close as just about anyone has been to being a threat to Union in the region this year. Big names like Leavell, Sells, Perry, and Cole lead a young but very dangerous Christian County team. 

3. Hopkinsville (21)

Hopkinsville returns some serious firepower in Isaiah Lawson, a few questions may hover over having a new coach but Coach Perry is more than capable of maintaining Hoptown's recent run of success in the region. 

4. Fort Campbell (20)

Fort Campbell has their big three of Regaldo, Nikolao, and Ryder but sits somewhat shaky outside of those three. Fort Campbell's trophy hopes sit on the development of wrestlers such as Alex Curl and success from a batch of new wrestlers. 

5. Calloway County (12.5)

Calloway leads the best of the rest, but also has to prove that they can maintain their success without Coach Walls. Respected wrestlers such as Scott Ruttman need to make the jump to elite status to hold off contenders in Caldwell, Ohio, and Trigg who may not have proven rosters but carry elite wrestlers in Gray, Sapp, and Kline respectively. 

• Upvote 2

On November 22, 2015 at 13:43:33, FalconWrestling said:

I put these off for as long as I could, I don't have rosters from Paducah, McCracken, or UHA and I don't have weights from Hoptown. Also I am pretty sure the roster I have for Fort Campbell is wrong so I will have to get on to half about that. Anyway using the best I've got this is what I have going into the first week of the season. Most weights I was able to squeeze out a top 4, hopefully these will improve once information starts trickling in.

1. Kaleb Sapp, Ohio County
2. Daniel Knight, Christian County
3. Keegan Slone, Trigg County
4. Billy Eggers, Fort Campbell
5. ???
6. ???

As is the issue with 106 people rarely stay at this weight for long, unless they are Kaleb Sapp. Sapp is the heavy favorite here but should be wary of Daniel Knight. I had to scrounge to finish a top 4 at this weight, hopefully it will be clearer in a week or two

1. Dale Robertson, Hoptown
2. Austin Grant-Hall, Christian County
3. Ray Hamilton, Paducah
4. Ryan Heidrick, Union County
5. ???
6. ???

Not sure if Robertson or Hamilton will be here since I don't have weights for either team. If Agulto is at 113 instead of Grant-Hall then Agulto gets the #1 spot, just doing my best to predict the lineup here. 

1. Louie Regaldo, Fort Campbell
2. Edward Agulto, Christian County
3. Billy Pride, Union County
4. Jacob Burkeen, Trigg County
5. ???
6. ???

Not sure if Louie will be here or somewhere else. If he is at 120 he is the favorite to possibly pin through regions and could finish top 5 in state.

1. Saul Ervin, Union County
2. Nick Dickerson, Calloway County
3. Alex Curl, Fort Campbell
4. Cameron Dearmond, Hoptown
5. Jeffrey Mathis, McCracken County
6. Zach McCoy, Ohio County

This weight has the potential to be scary good depending on how all the weights turn out. Saul is of course competing for the state title but everyone else who are competitive at this weight at least eyeing the podium. Because of how stacked this weight could be I imagine most people will move to other weight classes.

1. Camerin Cole, Christian County
2. Scott Ruttman, Calloway County
3. Devonta Turner, Trigg County
4. Gideon Ellison, Fort Campbell
5. ???
6. ???

Another weight I predict to be very tough, but just how tough is still hazy based off of current information.

1. Bryce Sheffer, Union County
2. Jeremiah Kline, Trigg County
3. Chance Collins, UHA
4. Jacob Bellah, Calloway County
5. Antonio Abren, Christian County
6. ???

If Sheffer, Kline, and Collins both stay at this weight this will be one of the premier match ups in the region. Sheffer would be highly favored but Collins is a very tough wrestler and Kline has been high level for a very long time.

1. Kobe Perry, Christian County
2. Corbin Ryder, Fort Campbell
3. Micah Ervin, Union County
4. Justin Crabtree, Trigg County 
5. Evan Martin, McCracken County
6. ???

Perry is the favorite assuming he is here. Ryder should be able to make 145 again, but I don't know if he will be at 145 to start the season.

1. Chance Oxford, Union County
2. Ivan Lawson, Hoptown
3. Malik Cunningham, Trigg County
4. Josh McCoy, Ohio County
5. Kenyon Drayton, Christian County
6. ???

Another weight that is very hazy right now

1. Jackson Oxford, Union County
2. Diion Leavell, Christian County
3. Caleb Riley, Caldwell County
4. Jack Haynes, Calloway County
5. ???
6. ???

I half expect Leavell to be at 152, Oxford should make top 8 in the state.

1. Isaiah Lawson, Hoptown
2. Avery Buckman, Union County
3. Keyven Sells, Christian County
4. Dylan Grey, Caldwell County
5. ???
6. ???

The top four at this weight is insane assuming these three wrestlers find themselves at this weight. It would be one of those battles that look different every week. Lawson gets the nod because he is the returning placer at this weight. Buckman is a returning placer from a weight down. I have Gray at 4th because he is moving up so many weight classes. This is one of those 1a, 1b, etc situations.

1. Katayvon Anthony, Hoptown
2. Mario Perez, Calloway County
3. Braden Sperry, Caldwell County
4. Alex Billiter, Christian County
5. Payton Ervin, Union County
6. ???

This weight seems to be filled a little bit by extras, people who are moving up a lot of weight for example. Anthony is a solid favorite from this projection but I am interested to see how this weight looks going forward.

1. Phil Bradley, UHA
2. Anthony Adkinson, Fort Campbell
3. Jared Turner, Paducah Tilghman
4. Levi Gross, McCracken County
5. ???
6. ???

If Bradley is here he should go pretty much untouched through the region.

1. Cole Sherman, Union County
2. Kjauwan Major, Christian County
3. Chance Orr, Paducah Tilghman
4. Josh Efinger, Calloway County
5. Dylan Marlow, Ohio County
6. ???

This should be a very interesting weight assuming these weights are correct. Sherman, Major, and Orr are fighting for spots in the region finals with Efinger not far behind. Sherman seems pretty locked in as the region champ but the upper weights have a history of unexpected results.

1. David Nikolao, Fort Campbell
2. Conner Sherman, Union County
3. Logan Thomas, Hoptown
4. Tige Littlefield, Caldwell County
5. David Clark, Calloway County
6. Mahlon Ray, Christian County

Sherman and Nikolao will probably be a back and forth battle and the two should be eyeing top 4 finishes at state. Nikolao gets the nod here based off of his proven success at this weight while Sherman is moving up. Overall this weight is one of the better in the region and there is a lot of talent fighting for only four spots.

Team Race

1. Union County (36.5)

Only doing a top 5 this year. Union County comes in at #1 again. They are led by state title threats such as Saul Ervin and Bryce Sheffer. The team as a whole is a lot less proven then they have been in years past, a lot of young potential but not so many proven stars. The Oxfords and the Shermans are all seeking high podium finishes while a new batch of Ervins seek to carry on the mantle of their name. Union is still a threat for the team title but I will have to see them compete a bit before I throw my support behind them.

2. Christian County (29.5)

Christian County is as close as just about anyone has been to being a threat to Union in the region this year. Big names like Leavell, Sells, Perry, and Cole lead a young but very dangerous Christian County team. 

3. Hopkinsville (21)

Hopkinsville returns some serious firepower in Isaiah Lawson, a few questions may hover over having a new coach but Coach Perry is more than capable of maintaining Hoptown's recent run of success in the region. 

4. Fort Campbell (20)

Fort Campbell has their big three of Regaldo, Nikolao, and Ryder but sits somewhat shaky outside of those three. Fort Campbell's trophy hopes sit on the development of wrestlers such as Alex Curl and success from a batch of new wrestlers. 

5. Calloway County (12.5)

Calloway leads the best of the rest, but also has to prove that they can maintain their success without Coach Walls. Respected wrestlers such as Scott Ruttman need to make the jump to elite status to hold off contenders in Caldwell, Ohio, and Trigg who may not have proven rosters but carry elite wrestlers in Gray, Sapp, and Kline respectively.