Sign in to follow this  
hybrid

Last years champs vs this years group. Great matchups

Last year champs from 80-121 was loaded with talent and experience. This years group of young guns have stepped up and not missed a beat. Could you imagine these matchups.

Tucker vs this years 86

Roth vs 92

Bender vs 98

Moore vs 105

Smith vs 113

Gray vs 121

I'm sure there are other great matchups at other weights but some of these would be barnburners. Let's here how you think these matchups would go.

You forgot Johnson at 130. We had an absolute hammer group last year. And great kids to make it even better.

Also note 70-75-80 champs return this year.

A few random thoughts ...

Deck beat Bender this season at the high school leve so I would take the field at 98.

105 would be a war. On his good days I think Insko is right there with Moore, but his off days are off. Yost is steady as a rock and could ha g right there. But hard to get against my own kid so I take Moore.

113 Smith all the way. He hammered through a tougher bracket last year.

121 Gray was big and tough, but Brown, Ervin, and Lawrence are technically too tough to get through unbeaten. I take this years field here.

130 Johnson is as solid as you get. He wins it with little problem.

Good points with Johnson and the 70-80 pouders.

Roth vs TKC would be fun. Kids last year were intimidated by Roth at state and most were beat before stepping on the mat with him. Tom's relentless toughness could cause Blake a lot of problems if match stayed close very long. Moore would have his hands full, but would find a way to win like he did in semis the year he won. A Tucker vs Brown could be interesting.