Sign in to follow this  
Tuckster

Need Info on attending Tournaments as single wrestlers

The question I have is: My son wrestles for an Awesome Program and I could not be any happier, but would love to take him to other tournaments that the Team does not attend. What qualifications do I have to have to be able to do this?

Awesome question Tuckster!!! It sounds like to me you have all the qualifications needed. That being a child you would like to get more mat time as well as expose them to more than KY wrestling. I am certain a Coach's card might be of benefit, but one of the things I've learned about wrestling is that, at all levels, they appreciate a dad traveling with their child to tournaments. In other words, the lack of a Coach's card has never hindered us. I have taken my son to small local tournaments, larger regional tournaments as well as m

Much larger national tournaments and I have always been able to purchase a bracelet allowing me to get down on the floor and in my son's corner. I do my best not to coach though. Not because I don't want to. I would just make matter worse for him. :). So I just record and cheer him on. Good luck and hope to see you around.