Sign in to follow this  
Grappler

Dennis Hall Wrestling Camp

Dennis Hall Wrestling Camp, May 31 - June 1
Campbell County High School, Alexandria KY

CAMP INFORMATION
Dennis Hall's World Gold Wrestling Camp will provide you with the technique, training, and intensity that it takes to become a CHAMPION! Each pre-registered camper will receive a camp t-shirt. You must be pre-registered by May 23!

CAMP SCHEDULE
Friday
Please note that although the camp doesn't officially start until Saturday, Dennis will be in town on Friday and has agreed to do a "FREE" session from 4:30 - 8:00 p.m. to help promote the international styles. This session is open to all wrestlers. 

Stop in any time during this session and I would be willing to bet you stay for the entire weekend. Dennis truly is a great technician and one of the best this country has ever seen.

Saturday 9-3:15 p.m.
*Bring a lunch/drink

Sunday 1-6 p.m.

CAMP COST
$100 - Please make checks payable to: World Gold Wrestling and mail registration form to: Dennis Hall, 1851 Red Oak Drive, Plover, WI 54467. For additional information about the camp or to register/pay online go to www.worldgoldwrestling.com Contact Dennis Hall directly for any specific questions atdennishallusa@gmail.com or (715) 340-8961. 

You will not find a better camp at a better price. If you have any questions, please contact me (Jay Yenter) at jkyenter@fuse.net

We also have families who are willing to host wrestlers for free over the weekend. Just contact me ahead of time and we will work it out.

Just a reminder that time is running out to get pre-registered for the camp.  This is a great camp that you do not want to miss so register today!

Wrestlers are still able to sign up at the door on Friday evening and Saturday morning. Interest has been very low this year, actually very disappointing personally. We introduced Dennis to the Coaches Association last year and the reception was great. He may be famous for Greco, but is and excellent teacher of all styles. Most of his time now is spent training wrestlers on folkstyle. We will see how many wrestlers we get to the camp this year and decide if we will bring him back next year. We may need to bring him to a different part of the state (central), so we could draw more wrestlers.

I am also looking for honest feedback on why there appears to be little interest. He is a 10 time US National Champ, 3 time Olympian, World Gold and Bronze Medalist and Olympic Silver Medalist. I see our athletes sign up for a lot of camps where the guys have nowhere near the resume or experience. Is he getting too old and the younger wrestlers do not know who he is? Have we brought him down too many times? Is the camp too hard? (I have heard this from a couple wrestlers) Do we not have him showing the right stuff? Is it a bad time of year? Should we do it when school is out? Any input you could give would be greatly appreciated. If you do not want to post on line, send me an email. 

Thanks,

Jay Yenter

jkyenter@fuse.net

Sign in to follow this