Sign in to follow this  
Tarzan

Kentucky College Wrestling ?

I know KY does not have anything other than NAIA wrestling in College and there was a slight push for Louisville to get wrestling that seems to have went no where .

Is it possible for one of the NAIA teams in KY to switch from NAIA to a D2 school certainly a couple are capable to compete at that level and with the move they could actually make that big step for KY and possibly keep some D1 D2 prospects at home as well as give the state another level of wrestling to enjoy and participate in , I know the NAIA guys all compete against D1 ,2,3 , anyways but it would still be another level or different goal for a ky team .

Getting a college or university into the NCAA's has a lot of variables.  How large is the sporting venues (how many fans can they hold).  They also have to have a certain number of enrollees or students.  I also think they have to be able to fill the sporting events so they can pay the ncaa a certain amount of money.  I think the idea of having an NCAA any level school with wrestling in the state would be awesome!  It would make more sense if one of the 7 D1 universities picked up the sport (NKU) being the one that makes most sense, due to location for recruiting.

I wouldn't say that unless you mean recruiting Ohio kids !! Any school in KY would draw ky kids I would think , Lex central location uk would be best , but I was thinking Campbellsville or Lindsey I know some sports can be different levels in the same school . Both these schools have proven they could hang if they moved to NCAA - no d3 just 2 or 1

Well Tarzan, call Coach Ruff and plant the seed. Look at what Notre Dame College has done. I believe Georgetown College is becoming NCAA DII as well.

I don't understand why so many Kentucky schools are NAIA to begin with. I think the current NCAA DIII schools in. Ky adding wrestling would be the most likely. I think Bellarmine could pull off a Div I program as well just like they do with lacrosse.

Sign in to follow this