Sign in to follow this  
bumstead

the blind draw

Seed the eight regions all Region finalists opposite sides . Top four totally seeded . Having four of the top six or five or six of the top eight on the same

Side is totally unfair ,

If we seed 2 kids from region 9 (using a fictional region) #1 and #2 there may be a chance that they would wrestle a person from their own region in the 1st or 2nd round.

If you seed only the regional champs: If the top two kids are from region 9 then the winner would get 1st seed while the runner up would get no seed. However using the system we use now and include regional seeding. The runner up would be opposite of the regional winner of his region. They would not be able to wreslte each other until the finals anyway.

If you look at the brackets of the state tourney now if you have the top 4 kids in the state in one region then they would all make the simi-finals. In the past there have been a couple of times where 3 from the same region were in the semi-finals.

And your point is its good or bad ??? If your top two you should never be on the same side seed the tournament top sixteen with no chance of top twos from same region seeing each other early , it's not hard people act like idiots about it every yr .

My point is that we only need to seed the regional champs.

We already seperate the top four from each region. The champ in one quarter bracket the runner up in the opposite half bracket, while the 3rd place finisher is on the same half as the champ but in a different quarter bracket and the 4th finisher is in the same half as the runner up but in another quarter bracket.

I'm OK with kind of seeding the regional champs, if we do it like Tenn. You look at the state placers from last year and seed them. I would then be OK with seeding best record (percentage)next.

Records of individuals are not kept accurate enough to go into head to head and common opponent. (How many times do you go to a seed meeting and someone says I beat so and so. The other coach says, no you didn't that was our back up that day. Happens all the time.

Sign in to follow this