Sign in to follow this  
fanofwrestling6

Working on my 170's, 182's ,195 rankings

Working on my 170's, 182 and I may do 195's this year as well. Any help to what weight kids are starting out at will help me alot. Just looking forward to theseason getting underway. Below is my pre-season July rankings but even since then I know alot has changed and the ones that I know of I'll put something by their name again any help is appreciated !  I had alot of fun with the 170's last year and am looking forward to the challenge of the upcoming season !

PS If your little monster isn't on this list don't freak out lol... It's way to early to know exactly whose going to what weights and what young wrestlers will have an immediate impact.  195's coming soon ! 220 well really only 1 name is needed Austin Meyers or ATM and sorry I just don't knw enough about the lighter weights 160 and below.

Cam Co Eli Matthews 11    (possible 195 ?)
2 Bou Co Jake Fooks 12
3 BC Braden Jones 12
4 Bull Cen Mike Saunders 12
5 Way Co Devin Morrow 12    (will be wrestling 195)
6 Un Co Devin Smith 12
7 Old Co Alex McIntosh 10
8 FC Kohl Dodd 11
9 HC Nathan Moore 12
10 Chr Co Joseph Freeland 12
11 NO Dalton Geohegan 11
12 JH Andre Farris 12
13 Moore Logan Durham 12
14 JC Aaron King 10
15 CH Trey Jaco 12
16 WH Donovan Edwards 12
17 Dav Co Zach Mayton 11
18 Per Co Cen Darien Bauer 12
19 Laf Jackson Avant 12
20 Wood Co Mason Gilbert 12
21. Male Jacob Sweden

170 Wood Co Wyatt Courtney 12
2 Ryle Johnny Meiman 10
3 Cam Co Dustin Turner 12 (possible 182 ?)
4 Ft Camp Ki Ryder 12
5 Way Co Casey Mink 12
6 St X Tyler Frankrone 10   (moved up in weight) (now with Trinity) 195 (?)
7 Old Co Max Emerson 10
8 Con Jacob Warwick 11   
9 SK Derek Hicks 12
10 Mont Co Zach Roland
11 BC Dru Schroer 12        (wrestling (160 but won't be available until Xmas)
12 NO Collin Portman 10
13 TC Bryan Chi 11
14 Male Austin Guerrero 12
15 NB Zackery Sparks 12
16 Man Zach Harris 11
17 Call Co Tyler Wilson 12
18 Cald Co Clay Revelett 12
19 HC Nathan Ogg 12
20.Coop Hunter Bailey  

Question about the 182 rankings.

Fooks and jones did not place last year and are above Saunders and Morrow who placed. I am not saying that the rankings are bad, I am just wondering what the reasoning is.

Those were July's pre season rankings and a little bit has changed but not in my mind with the top 4 or actually the top 5 throwing Smith in the top 5. Morrow is a great wrestler but he's jumped in class and will be wrestling 195 this year (may even start the season heavier). Fooks is an outstanding wrestler who had a rough state tournament last year but has over the course of his career had some some really big wins and his loss to Saunders at the state tournament I feel (I won't say luck) but I'll just say Fooks wasn't nearly at his best as I've seen him wrestle. He had just lost a match in the winners bracket and just lost focus rather than turn it on like Saunders did. Saunders was very impressive in the consolation rounds at the horsepark.

Braden Jones was 37-6 last year and had a summer full of a strong wrestling schedule you could possibly put together ( wrestling at the rumble in Michigan and Wallers group in PA. At the Friday night lights tourney he scored a pin against Jake Daniels who finished runner up in the Indianamat pre season tourney which outside of nationals and super 32's and Fargo and a few select others is one of the top tournaments in the country and Daniels finished 2nd amongst the 35 185 pound wrestlers. Jones was also not in the state tournament last year after suffering a major injury during warm ups right before his first match of the region 6 170 which featured 3 of the top five placers at the state tourney and was unable to continue or I really believe there could have been all 4 region 6 seeds place at the horsepark had he not gotten injured .

Those 4 could ranked 2-5th above in the pre season rankings could really battle each other and could make arguments for them being ranked in any order. I'm interested to see if Matthews from CC wrestles 195 or stays 182. Either way you have Turner waiting on deck and thats like walking Maris to get to Mantle lol. Either one of those guys I'd put at the #1 spot at 182.

Braden Jones isn't the only high ranked kid who didn't wrestle last year at the horsepark. Darius Parrot I'd put at #1 in the 195's unless Matthews goes there and then it would be quite the epic battle between parrot, Thompson, Miller and I'd give Matthews the slightest edge to come out on top . But that's why you wrestle the matches ! Looking forward to a great season. I will note that if Tyler Francone wrestles 195 he will be the wildcard and could possibly win it all at 195.

Sign in to follow this