Sign in to follow this  
kdsmith27

USA Wrestling Sports Accident Insurance benefits

Coaches,

I have attached a USA Wrestling document about the benefit of membership, SECONDARY SPORTS ACCIDENT INSURANCE provided through Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company.

I understand That many clubs practicing in there school are covered by insurance. But, are you covered by the schools insurance to and from the school for tournaments and duals? For you to be covered by most school district, you must be on school transportation. POV's are not covered.

When are USA Wrestling members covered?

Members are provided benefits under the policy if as a result of an accidental bodily injury:

1                    At USA Wrestling chartered club practices, when practices are organized and supervised by a member coach(es), and when all participating club members are individual members of USA Wrestling;

2                    All individuals going to or from sanctioned USA Wrestling events, also to or from USA Wrestling club practices,

3                    While participating in sanctioned USA Wrestling events and activities,

4                    While participating in limited non-sanctioned wrestling events, see page 4 regarding Sports Accident Supplemental Benefits.

Coverage includes participation abroad in international events or exchanges that are sanctioned and approved by the National Headquarters of USA Wrestling.

Sports Accident Insurance benefits are only afforded to valid current members of USA Wrestling.

[glow=red,2,300]Membership in USA Wrestling

I received a question from a coach that needs to be addressed.

Q: If my Club wasn't covered because I didn't turn in my paperwork, why should I pay it now at the end of the season.

A: Someone hurt during your season whether reported to you or not has up to his or hers 18th Birthday as a minor and 1 year for others to file a claim. If a competitor was given a USAW card, or a Club completed the Club Charter but the paperwork was never turned in to the State Director. That Competitor, Coach, Volunteers, Club and facility is not under the umbrella of USA Wrestling insurance coverage. Isn't the fee for the Club Charter worth peace of mind?

Sign in to follow this