Sign in to follow this  
fanofwrestling6

Love when 2 NKY kids reach the finals in Indiana

No this was not the Myers-Cooper match but it was the best match up that I've seen this year as far as 2 friends just going toe to toe. Makes it even more special when they both reached the finals at the South Dearborn Knight's Classic in Indiana.

Match up Braden Jones (Boone Bounty) vs Jacob Warwick (Conner) 170 pound weight class

I won't go into long detail about every specific move but in short the final score was ( 4-3) in Jones favor and both kids left everything they had on the mat.With just seconds remaining they went out of bounds and Jones had to hold him from an escape to seal the gold.

These arn't big name kids but on this day where many ranked opponents in Indiana battled for the gold with screaming crowds. The match of the day went to Jones-Warwick it was a battle in every sense of the word ! Congrats to both kids

Others that did well from Northern Kentucky were:

Trevor Thompson of Conner TechF to win the 195 weight class division after a very tough semi finals match against East Central.

Sam Steele of Boone County took the championship in the 182 pound division by winning by pinfall

Tristan Baddell won his weight class from Conner at 126

Great day of wrestling !

Sounds awesome ,Trevor slhould do well

At 195 , I would think he could / should be top 3 or so or better !!!!!

How many teams were there ?

Sounds awesome ,Trevor slhould do well

At 195 , I would think he could / should be top 3 or so or better !!!!!

How many teams were there ?

9 schools were there but it seemed more competitive than that as every bracket had at least 8 kids . East Central was tough.

Trevor Thompson made a strong believer out of me today at 195 at the Knight's Classic at South Dearborn (not that I didn't think he could make the adjustment) but he was quick and as strong as ever.. those matches vs ATM helped him alot over time.. I haven't seen the 3 kids that louwrestler has ranked 2-4 but I think Trevor has a legitimate shot at top 3 at the Horse park ....my quote from the top 10 at 195 post

• Upvote 1

Conner had a lighter weight win as well, 138 maybe? Jones/WArrick match up was fun to watch. Thompson was relentless in the finals match, he didn't let off the pedal.

Trevor seems to have a different approach this year as far as his tempo , I have seen him come

Out guns blazing which should

Lead to a lot of first period pins and such but the real test could come when someone with that style hits a defensive counter wrestler , you cannot burn out / gas , he should do very well even challenge for state but scoping out his opponent could be the difference for someone like him , I know it is for everyone but that style is sort of kamikaze , I like it .