Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

Hammer and Anvil 1 / 19

Well , it was an Awesome tourny , for Campbell County and for Stephen and Austin , Hamilton got a minor injury , defaulted out to 4th , hate to see him go out reg season that way but he wrestled well ,

Condolences go out to Jordan Marshall , a great wrestler and kid ,sorry for your loss and good luck the rest of the yr , a friend to Stephen I would say , they have wrestled youth against each other and with each other at Jordan's and on his teams .

Glad Stephen got to go out a champ in reg season against a good kid in Ford glad he got to get another win in a state he loves and wrestled in and for ,for so long , hope they appreciated his efforts as much as he appreciated all those who cheered him on for so many years , he was very proud to represent Ohio and be an Ohio champion when he was ,glad he went out as an Ohio champion ,

Glad Austin got another big win and finally got himself an inn season OW , he .... DID Work again ,lol good luck to Boyd he's a great kid .

Now , looking at the yr , Campbell Countu did Work in Ohio , Sam wins Ow at Franklin CC barely loses down 3 wrestlers ,

CC barely loses rumble Fausz and Sam win OWs , CC wins Fairfield Fausz wins Ow , CC wins large school GMVA ATM wins most pins least time , CC blows the doors of of the Hammer and Anvil as I uhhhh hoped and ATM has another tourny with 5 first period pins in Ohio and wins the OW by 1 point in the votes , edging out big littler Brother , awesome stuff ,I think it's safe to say that yes he would place in Ohio any div , unlike his detractors have said . And Stephen has wrestled war after war against ranked wrestlers this yr and lost only 1 /):)-)/):$: match . Safe to say he would challenge or win in Ohio at any number of div or weights .

And as I said , Campbell County is the best public wrestling school team in the NKY greater Cincinnati area , and would challenge and do well in Ohio , and haters can hate ,

But Stephen only lost two matches in Ohio his whole HS career both with horrible calls changing the match , anyone downing him in any way is a classless idiot , same goes for Austin , and he has yet to lose to anyone in HS anywhere ,

Thanks to Western Brown , great tourny and classy down to earth tournament directors Well ran nice awards , and very classy kids on that side of town and in that tourny , Rochester kids were studs , smart move having their 152 bump to 170 and take 2nd , he would have been 3rd or 4th at 152 !!!! Jmho

Great win by woods wrestling well , great team effort all around , Mathews looked sharp and Fausz looked unreal , can't wait for the rematch between Mathews and Chamberle , wow it will be a war .

CC with 11 placers and 5 Champs , looks very ready for state duals State and whatever else they choose ,

Thanks for all the kind words , ATM was jacked up fired up and scoped out Boyd all week and all day he had a great game plan , knowing his opponent had the heavy hard tie he hit him with the perfect move the first few seconds of the match ,slide bye .... And then it was all but over with fierce breakdowns into a Shelby set up looking for the pin , most thought he had it a lot sooner but he set back up readjusted and hit his move after a hard fought go for most of the first then it was over ,

Cool awards , coach B has the Championship belt , cool as heck , embroidered back packs for champs t shirts medals , nice end of yr tourny

And I didn't even get kicked out :)

I guess Ohio takes its revenge out on ATM who is the highest ranked soph or fresh in the nation according to wrestling USA by having its home grown intermat rankings keep him out of their top 20 with two soph ranked , oh well that will change ,

Steph back in at 20 intermat 152 ,,Good enough

Evidently , Michigan wrestling isn't so much better than Kentucky wrestling as I read on an Ohio site :)they did have a very good team at the hammer though , a fantastic lightweight at 113 an impressive 138 that went through Hamilton and Reese , a jacked up 195 that dominated easily till finals , were some notables I watched from their team but they were solid top to bottom , Hillsboro was tough , Ford is a beast a huge 152 , very intense match with Stephen with about 75 or so coaches on Hillsboro side lol free

Floor I guess but i like that, but how would

You like to

Be a wrestler with two coaches In your corner

wearing purple and gold and having 50 plus in the opposite corner wearing a sea of red cheering for your defeat lol a bit intimidating or disheartening for most i would tbink !!it is nerve wracking and also one of the coolest things I have seen out of my son wrestling this season and always I guess , Stephen is one hard sob to score on all yr whenever someone was lucky enough to get in on him he scrambled moved hopped dodged blocked did the splits and avoided a takedown ,

It's awesome hearing the opposing crowd cheer and get excited on a possible

Takedown only to hear their excitement turn to groans and complaints it's awesome loved seeing the sea of red turn blue ,, refs stay busy at times , I would rather no one get close to a takedown of course but I guess the takedowns are as exciting as the defense , one of our wrestlers came up to me before Stephen and fords match and said he overheard Fords coaches saying watch the ankle pic , watch the knee blast , watch the slide bye , watch the lat drop , watch the whip over , and watch the inside trip , we were cracking up - didn't watch the knee pick and and coach must have forgot the simple snap down go behind , but it was all good ,

Fausz was never challenged a nice look from a Troy Christian wrestler but nothing close , Mathews Dominated and Woods seemed to know it Was his day , some very good heavys in the room ,Looking forward to seeing this tourny again not looking forward to the sense emptiness and boredom of not seeing a kid with a target on his back makes seas of red ,black , orange or silver whatever color his opponent wears fans hope for a win and end up a bit blue , but still excited and a bit happy because they saw some awesome wrestling big moves and a classy kid who generally leaves with his opponents knowing they lost to a good kid who loves the sport has been around a long time paid his dues more than most or any and only wants everyone to like him even them .

Worried about Austin I think he is losing interest in the sport or he simply doesn't like wrestling anymore , he doesn't spend much time on the mat at these tournaments or maybe he just thinks people do not like him maybe he is sensitive or something .

Not going to bash Ohio as some there bash my boys me or ky or anything else , my boys love both states I think, have friends in both and have done well in both dumb them

Bashing their former and present champs even from

Other states , bottom line you can't beat someone who constantly beats you and you can't hate kids who don't hate anyone .

ATM took his Ow it was only a matter of time when you pin everyone dominate totally no one can bash you or deny you , honestly he isn't even at 75% he has other gears , we will work on that .

State duals in state wars and state titles on the line now , it's go time

Looking in on another site , I can hear the silence on the Hammer and Anvil thread all the way from Canton through C"bus past Dayton down 75 short visit to Mongomery back up onto 275 east past 32 across the river left on Alexandria pike and out into the county , God and Mpire country it's the sound of Austin's hammer hitting his anvil , as I said The Norse god of wrestling just got the Hammer , the hammer of the wrestling god hahahhahaha awesome awesome stuff