Sign in to follow this  
ontherise

Predictions for Region 3

Nevermind about the Doss, Iroquois, Meade meet.  Dragonballz just posted the results.  From what it looks like (both Last Saturday @ B.C. and tonight), Doss will be tough in the 103 to 135 weight class.  Does anybody know what's happened to DeShon?  His results don't look that great so far this year.

bullitt central beat prp 39-33, and beat valley 60-12 (not exactly sure on score). prp did amazingly well, i was impressed. valley was also great at a few weightclasses (135, 140, & 189), and will be descent at a few others. good luck to the rest of the year.

We had a few spots filled in with J.V. guys as a result of the new weight rule that kept me and some other varsity guys from wrestling. We also had a couple guys wrestle up a class. If we would have had our true varsity line up, we would have beat BC. No doubt about it. Not saying that it wouldn't have been close, but we would have won based on how we wrestled with our situation.

Ridge45, Please give credit where credit is due.  I understand about the new weight rules, injuries, etc, but the fact is, you lost to B.C.  Most every school is in the same situation as you guys are right now.  Please don't say you would have beat B.C.  The fact is, you didn't.  I'm not associated with B.C. in any way but can tell you Coach Durham has done a great job with that program and remember, excuses from other schools or no excuses, they are the defending regional champs.  All of Region 3 has to knock them off.  If you guys beat them in a dual later this year or win Regionals, I will give you all the credit in the world.  You guys will have earned it.  But until that does happen, please quit making excuses!  Good luck to you and your team the rest of the year.

You're absolutely right.  It was only by one match (6 points).  But the regionals won't be a dual!  You have to take into consideration how well your weight classes will do overall.  What can they do against kids like Seeders, Edwards, Raleigh and Nickel.  I say good luck to PRP.  For your sake, I hope you do win regional.  Just don't be too overconfident or make any excuses.  People will judge you by your ability on the mat not your messages on the discussion board.  Anybody can be a "Discussion Board All-American"  That's all I'm saying.  Confidence will help you win.  Arrogance will get you beat!  Hope you guys have a great season.