Sign in to follow this  
thomam

HORSEPOWER SPRING TOURNEY THIS SATURDAY APRIL 24th

I have received an incredible amount of emails and interest from around the state. This looks like its going to be a really great day of wrestling. We hope you join us.

Horsepower Spring Tournament

Saturday April 24th, 2010

Moore Traditional School

6415 Outer Loop

Louisville, KY 40219

Styles: Folkstyle & Freestyle                    Divisions: Bantam - Open

Format: Round Robin (If there are more than 6 in a weight class, we will split into pools)

Cost: $10 for one style, $15 for both

Gates open at 8 a.m.

Admission:    $5 adults 

$2 12 & under

Coolers and outside food will be charged an additional $5 at the door.

Freestyle Wrestling: Weigh-in and register from 8am - 9am. Wrestling will start between 9:30 and 10am

Folkstyle Wrestling: Weigh-in and register from until 11am. We will start Folkstyle at the conclusion of the freestyle matches, preferably around 12 noon.

Registration:  Each wrestler must have a USA Wrestling card available at themat.com. You will be able to purchase a card at the door for $30.  We will take forms early but we will NOT take money until the morning of the tournament.  Everyone will pay at the door before coming back to check in.

USA Wrestling weights and divisions are available at www.themat.com/forms/Weights.pdf

Attached is a weigh-in sheet for coaches to use for the remote weigh-in. Please email the weigh-ins to me Friday night.

Remote Weigh-in sites

Moore: Friday April 23rd in Gym 6-8

North Hardin: Thursday April 22nd

Manual:

St. X:

McCreary Central: Friday April 23rd 5:30-7:00 at McCreary Central High School Athletic Complex

Christian County:

PRP:

Team Jeff (Jeffersonville): Thursday April 22nd Jeffersonville High School upstairs gym 6:15-7:15

Trinity:

Campbell County: Friday April 23rd 6:30-7:30

Also attached is a entry form. Have your wrestlers fill this out Friday night and bring it with them Saturday. This will help move along registration Saturday morning.

All fees will be paid Saturday morning.

Mike.thomas@jefferson.kyschools.us

We had a good time at this tournament but, man, the referees were slow moving the matches and I know some wrestlers weighed in at 9-10 am and then did not wrestle until 2 pm!  We got there at 8 am and left about 5:30 pm.  I really wish we could get these tournaments done a little more efficiently  :|