Sign in to follow this  
Kylegoldy

fern creek elementary tournament

fern creek will be hosting an elementary tournament (6th grade and under) sunday january 3rd starting at 10:00am (arrive at 9:00 for check-in).

weigh-in your kids at your club monday or tuesday and email me your roster no later than tuesday night december 29th.

please email roster in excel format to include each kids' name, age, birthdate, exact weight, if they have a usa wrestling card (yes or no), and years of wrestling experience (0 years of experience = first year wrestler, 1 year of experience = 2nd year wrestler, etc.).

double elimination 8-man brackets. no set weight classes but will be bracketed using the 10% rule so that every kid will wrestle within 10% of their body weight and within 2 years of age. round robin format for smaller brackets. i will attempt to pair wrestlers with comparable experience whenever possible. medals 1st -4th place. exhibitions will be allowed, the whole idea is for these kids to get some local matches.

each wrestler must have some form of usa card (either kentucky league card or full usa competitor card).

contact keith smith, the usa wrestling director for kentucky, if you are a kentucky resident and you need a $10 usa kentucky league card at keithsmith27@msn.com. if you are not a kentucky resident you must purchase a full usa wrestling competitor card at themat.com. no usa cards will be sold at the tournament

cost is $10 per wrestler. please pay with 1 check for your entire team the morning of the tournament.

space is limited and will be given on a first come, first serve basis so if you are coming please email me an approximate number of kids you plan to bring asap.

thanks,

kyle goldsmith

fern creek wrestling

lapllc@insightbb.com

(502) 693-5421