Sign in to follow this  
mrb72881

Is there youth wrestling in Florence Kentucky that I can involve my son's in??

I would like to know if anyone knows how to get kids involved in a wrestling club.  I have a 6 and 9 year old.  The 9 year old has wrestled before but the 6 year old has not.  Can someone direct me on where and when enrollment in something like this is.  I live by Oakbrook off of 18.

Thanks millions!!

If you are in the Cooper High district you have the option of joining the Ryle Youth Wrestling club.  We practice at New Haven Elementary usually on Wed. and Thurdays from 6:00-7:30.  We have approximately 80 kids join the team in grades 2-6th.  I can be reached at stanmms@fuse.net with any further questions.  We always welcome new kids.

Rumor has it that if you are not in Conner's district they won't allow you to participate in the youth program.  Like I said just a rumor, I would hope it isn't true.

The rumor isn't true because a couple of the posts are from Conner's youth coach.

So the Conner youth program will allow all comers.  No matter what school district he/she lives in, or state for that matter.

Cougar head coach here.  Kentucky youth wrestling is for KY kids to develop in the wrestling trade.  I do not allow out of state participation but have not had that come up as an issue either.  OH and Indiana provide excelent programs of there own for youth wrestling. 

As far as KY goes, demand is increasing in the NKY area for youth wrestling.  I encourage the growth of the sport and welcome all NKY kids to participate.  However, we are the feeder program for the Conner MS and Varsity wrestling programs.  Hince the club name "COUGARS".  Each season I have two sign-ups.  An early sign-up through the elementary schools and then an open sign-up "if there is still space".  The open sign-up is for any interested kid that is eligible to compete by the KYW bylaws.  More to come on the sign-up dates, they are not available yet.  Our sign-ups have always been first come first serve otherwise.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion.  If you identify yourself I can better direct you to a youth team in NKY.  There are several to choose from.

Coach Frank :mrgreen: