Sign in to follow this  
hasbeen

Region 6 Results

103- Palmer Ryle dec Supe Sct

112- Osburn Ryle dec Cooper SK

119- Schnieder CC dec Supe Sct

125- Norberry Sk dec Supe Sct ( Supe got a takedown as time expired but didnt get the call)

130- Aylor Ryle maj dec Miley Sct

135- Brown CC maj dec  Rolland Ryle

140- Peace Ryle dec Shotwell CC

145- Griffin CC pin?? Wrinkler Sk

152- Vaughn SK dec Dillion Con

160- Pickett Ryle pin Lee CC

171- Reid Ryle tech Brownfield CC ( Reid is as good as advertised and better...He is the most aggresive wrestler in the state)

189- ???

215-  ???

HWt- Fuller CC pin Turner Sk

Team

1st- Ryle

2nd- Campbell County

Dont know about anyone else but there was some awesome finals matches! Not really a whole lot of blow outs, a lot of close matches. Little Cooper kept it close to Osburne then with a couple seconds left got a takedown and lost i think 4-7.  Peace beat Shotwell 5-3, Shotwell got a takedown in the second but Peace was in  control the entire time. Both kids are great wrestlers but Peace showed why he is one of the best in Kentucky, he got down and never lost his composure and battled back and one. Hats off to both guys. Palmer won close over Supe, he won by 5 and Vaughn/Dillion match was close 4-2.

Overall i thought the refs did a good job. A couple of questionable calls in the finals. One was on one of the Supe's match. Takedown as time exp. i would have given it to him. Peace got an escape as time exp., which initially they didnt give him but overturned the call. And Dillion got a takedown and what looked like he exposed Vaughn's back for a second or two as time exp. and didnt get a takedown. But other than that it went smooth and the ref did a good job.

Dont know about anyone else but there was some awesome finals matches! Not really a whole lot of blow outs, a lot of close matches. Little Cooper kept it close to Osburne then with a couple seconds left got a takedown and lost i think 4-7.  Peace beat Shotwell 5-3, Shotwell got a takedown in the second but Peace was in  control the entire time. Both kids are great wrestlers but Peace showed why he is one of the best in Kentucky, he got down and never lost his composure and battled back and one. Hats off to both guys. Palmer won close over Supe, he won by 5 and Vaughn/Dillion match was close 4-2.

Overall i thought the refs did a good job. A couple of questionable calls in the finals. One was on one of the Supe's match. Takedown as time exp. i would have given it to him. Peace got an escape as time exp., which initially they didnt give him but overturned the call. And Dillion got a takedown and what looked like he exposed Vaughn's back for a second or two as time exp. and didnt get a takedown. But other than that it went smooth and the ref did a good job.

During Peace match there were two officials........as in all of the finals matches.  They conferred about the call.........and decided to call it.  Nothing was overturned......they just made sure they were in agreement. 

103- Palmer Ryle dec Supe Sct

112- Osburn Ryle dec Cooper SK

119- Schnieder CC dec Supe Sct

125- Norberry Sk dec Supe Sct ( Supe got a takedown as time expired but didnt get the call)

130- Aylor Ryle maj dec Miley Sct

135- Brown CC maj dec  Rolland Ryle

140- Peace Ryle dec Shotwell CC

145- Griffin CC pin?? Wrinkler Sk

152- Vaughn SK dec Dillion Con

160- Pickett Ryle pin Lee CC

171- Reid Ryle tech Brownfield CC ( Reid is as good as advertised and better...He is the most aggresive wrestler in the state)

189- ???

215-  ???

HWt- Fuller CC pin Turner Sk

Team

1st- Ryle

2nd- Campbell County

Norberry also got screwed out of about 4 points throughout the whole match when he hit a peterson on supe in the second period and no points were given to him

and i think the greatest showing of the day was kevin cooper wrestling michael osborne when cooper hit that beautiful ankle pick towards the end this kid is gonna be so dangerous even though he lost to osborne it was close and he's only a 7th grader