Sign in to follow this  
wrestlewatcher

Youth Wrestling Bylaws

I am attaching the DRAFT of bylaws that have been proposed to govern KY Youth wrestling.  It is intended that this information be widely reviewed and feedback given to your region representative before the Board votes in June.  If you do not know who your region rep is, please PM me and I will give you their contact information.  Please let me know your name, and affiliated team in KY Youth wrestling.  I am reluctant to post their contact information on a public forum as I have not asked their permission to do so.  If you are a region rep and would like to share your contact information that would be great.  Encourage other interested individuals to visit this site and review this important information and provide feedback to their region reps.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Hello everyone, I was elected the regional representative for NKY.  Please feel free to email any concerns you want expressed or clarified from the proposed bylaws to me.  I will make sure they get passed along to the board for consideration.

My email address is,

barbarawolnitzek@fuse.net. 

Thank you,

Franklin Wolnitzek

Hello Coaches,

I am hosting a meeting for discussion of the bylaws on May 11.  The location is 7150 Houston Road, Florence, KY 41042,  (859) 371-9010 | phone,  (859) 371-9020 | fax.  It will be held in the conference room starting at 7pm and ending no later than 9pm.  Meeting minutes will be posted as soon as possible for everyone to review prior to vote date.

I am inviting all NKY youth wrestling clubs to send someone to this meeting to review and discuss the proposed Bylaws.  I ask that everyone make an attempt to attend this meeting and give their input.  The actual meeting to vote is scheduled for the following week, so this may be your last opportunity to have input prior to implementing the new regulations.  If your club is unable to attend or you are out of the NKY region, please forward your vote for or against each bylaw to me via email to,  barbarawolnitzek@fuse.net 

You can also use this forum to do so prior to May 11 to be considered in the discussion.  Please identify your team affiliation and give any details you wish.  If you and your wrestler are independent, fill free to post your input here as well.

Thank you, 

Franklin Wolnitzek 

NKY Regional Rep

Bylaw 15. Weight Classes*, **,***,****

5-6th 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95, 100, 110, 120, 130, 140, 160, open

2nd-4th 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 100, 110, open

k-1st 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 75, open

Does anyone understand why we are breaking group down by grade instead of age?  The standard is to use age and weight why are we not?  By breaking up by grade you will have 7 year old wrestling 11 year olds in the 2nd -4th and 10 year olds wrestling 13 year olds in the 5th & 6th Grade. 

It appears the motivation behind this is to have less weight class but why have less if we are wanting to promote elementary wrestling?

If it