Sign in to follow this  
jpt189

2016 wood memorial (oakland city, indiana) summer duals

Hello coaches,
As some of you may have known, I am now the new coach at wood memorial in oakland city indiana, a very small 1a school near evansville.
When I coached at washington i hosted an annual summer duals tourney that had good turnout and good competition.
I am giving coaches in my contact list a early heads up by informing we will be hosting our first annual wood memorial summer duals tourney next summer. The tentative dates for this event will be friday and Saturday, June 17-18.  Final number of teams will be determined by interest but the plan for now is to try for 18 teams. We have 3 gyms in our school and it would allow us to use 9 to 12 mats. This is an event I would love to grow not only in indiana, but also the Midwest. We would allow teams to camp out in our gym to cut down on any hotel or extra costs you would have, because the wrestling is what is most important to me. 
If this is something you would be interested in joining, please let me know. It can help me promote the tourney if some top tier schools got onboard, would possibly help pull I teams from other states. Thanks for your time.
John Thompson
Wood memorial wrestling

message me here or by email

coachthompson189@gmail.com

or 812-766-9142

Dates have changed to friday and Saturday, July 1-2. 

Two big teams committed-

nationally ranked and indiana #1 Brownsburg

and Team St. Louis, a wrestling club in Missouri featuring several state ranked wrestlers

hopw your team or club can join the fun as well. Email coachthompson189@gmail.com for more details