Sign in to follow this  
zaniac

2015 NCAA Wrestling Tournament linked with USA Youth tournament

http://www.ncaa.com/news/wrestling/article/2014-11-25/ncaa-usa-wrestling-youth-showcase-set-st-louis-joint-event

http://usawevents.sportngin.com/ncaausawyouthshowcase

NCAA.com

Last Updated - Nov 25, 2014 15:29 EST

INDIANAPOLIS -- The NCAA Division I Wrestling Championships and USA Wrestling are proud to announce a new, joint event to coincide with the Division I Championships.

The NCAA USA Wrestling Youth Showcase will be the final event of the year in USA Wrestling’s popular Folkstyle Tour of America tournament series. It will feature folkstyle wrestling for USA Wrestling’s Bantam through Junior age groups (roughly 7 years old through high school) and will also feature a Junior Women’s division.

The NCAA is committed to connecting the wrestling community at all levels, and adding a youth component to the Division I Championships helps bridge the gap between youth competition and the pinnacle of collegiate athletic success. USA Wrestling is excited to add another event to the Folkstyle Tour of America, especially one that strengthens the ties between USA Wrestling and the NCAA.

Weigh-ins for the event will be between sessions on March 21 at the Fan Fest. Following weigh-ins participants will be recognized and celebrated with a special NCAA Experience.  Competition will take place on March 22 at Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Missouri.

“USA Wrestling is excited to continue to strengthen our relationship with the NCAA. This is a great opportunity for both organizations to promote wrestling at all levels. We’re committed to the success of this event and hope to see it become a permanent part of the NCAA Division I Championship experience," said USA Wrestling Executive Director Rich Bender.

“We are excited to develop this new platform with USA Wrestling as we believe it will help grow the sport while exposing youth to an NCAA championship. The possibilities and opportunities around this initiative are endless and we are excited to launch our inaugural event with wrestling in St. Louis,” said Jeff Jarnecke, NCAA Director of Championships and Alliances.

The Tour of America is in its eighth season, and currently features five other events, with this event being the sixth and final for the 2014-15 campaign. Total participation in the series has grown in each year of its existence.

Click here for more information and to register for this event.