Sign in to follow this  
bigdaddycoach

2014 Bluegrass Warriors

Coach Wheeler and I are excited for the start of another season for the Bluegrass Warriors Wrestling Club. Our format will be similar to last year - we will start after the Belt Series tournaments in March and finish after the Midwest Nationals in July. We will practice on Saturdays, usually at South Oldham High School. We are planning to have several regional and national-level coaches join us again as guest clinicians, and will feature another 2-day camp with Coach Zerkle in June. 

Our emphasis is on top-level middle school wrestlers, but I expect to have quite a few of our high school wrestlers return to train with the team again this year. If the club continues to grow as expected, we may also have a separate session most days for our younger & less experienced wrestlers. That will allow more kids to participate while keeping the level of competition at its highest for our best young athletes.

The club dues are $100 for the season. That will include the registration fee for the Midwest Nationals and the fees for most of our guest clinicians, though there will be a small additional charge for the camp. Each wrestlers will also receive a long sleeve performance T shirt and a sports bottle with our Warrior logo. We are able to keep the cost low thanks to our corporate sponsors and the continued support of Keith Smith and Kentucky USA Wrestling.

Based on the size of last year's team (82) and the amount of early interest we have seen, it looks like we may need to limit enrollment this year, so if you want to participate, send me an e-mail ASAP.

Mark Myers

Bluegrass Warriors Wrestling Club

bigdaddycoach@gmail.com