Sign in to follow this  
darylweber

Mental Toughness Training for Wrestlers

Consistent mental toughness is something that can be very hard for wrestlers to attain and also hard for coaches to teach.  I know in my wrestling career it wasn’t until my senior year in college that I truly got a grip on how to get into my optimal mental state, consistently and that was when I tapped into my fullest potential.

Gene Zannetti is a Sport Psychology Expert and has worked with hundreds of athletes. Gene has an impressive wrestling background that combined with his education makes him a great resource for wrestlers of all ages. Gene works with Wrestling Clubs, the Rutgers and UPenn collegiate wrestling teams and high school wrestling teams.

I interview Gene and we talk about building mental toughness for wrestlers. How to get in the zone, match preparation, writing goals and many more strategies to gain mental toughness for wrestlers are covered. You can find this interview here:

http://www.darylweber.com/interview/mental-toughness-training-for-wrestlers/

While on my site I encourage you to sign up for my Guide to Becoming a State Champion for advice in all areas of becoming a championship wrestler.

Thanks

Coach Weber