Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - Preseason August 20

Krebbs-106(weighed 110 since you were wondering ranger)

Maggort-113

Sparh-120

Humphrey-126

Fausz-32

woods- 38

Hamilton - 45

Bachman/Myers-52/60

Turner-70

Matthews-82

Keaton-95

Myers-220

HVY-??

That is the only lineup that is ethical for CC to win state again.

That looks about right ridemout.im not hip on the lighter guys as much Woods may not be happy but I don't see why everyone cannot make those weights it's up one for Hamilton so what would be the problem for him making weight same for Woods , but the sr piggys better get busy if they want to win state again the wolves are at the door ,It will probably take four champs again or more and it would be nice to recruit that big lineman to go hvy he has some experience already and with the right work he could surprise people but that's a stretch for now . You need 4 champs or more and about as many more placers to seal the deal , get your team in gear no time like the present and all , still there may be some surprises weight wise , it actually looks like things just took a shift in CC direction as far as new

Moves in weight Fauz should get the W he deserves . And another projected champ is huge why anyone would think someone could not make a weight in high school that was one up from th previous year I do not know .I'm sure a lot of kids could move up and some down Austin in particular but 220 should be comfortable and he should be more of a legit 220 this year he's down to 225 now . And headed to 220 this weekend on his quest to be a state and national champ in another sport .

I guarantee hE won't seem so cuddly this week more like a grumpy old bear .

It is tough to make a weight up one class when:

1) that weight wasn't an easy cut last year

2) you put on 30 pounds or 4 weight classes

3) that weight was not from lifting and working out

Not saying it can't happen, because i know Hamilton can cut some weight. Just saying I don't see it at this point. Nor do I see Woods getting to 138. I'll have the scale with me on Sept 14-15 at CCHS for our camp and will get a true gauge on what these guys are weighing.

• Upvote 1

It is tough to make a weight up one class when:

1) that weight wasn't an easy cut last year

2) you put on 30 pounds or 4 weight classes

3) that weight was not from lifting and working out

I would have to disagree with you on this point. It makes it easier to lose the weight if it was not put on by lifting. That means its all fat not muscle.

I was about to say the same thing grappler you are absolutely right ,and I agree with you as well at least on Woods it may b hard for him to make 38 his weight is not all fat but I hear he cut very hard last yr maybe he does it this year .And I don't know about all this head on straight talk kids peak those furthest out of shape or wrestling mode may peak a bit more. Bottom line a repeat would be huge Stephen was 172 today and not as chunky as he was at 180 but I think he may go 182 he is already tired of cutting Mathews 195 Keaton 220 and Austin hvy . This would fill the lineup .

what about team match ups? more in a dual sense, which is normally pretty close to tournament turnouts but how about someone put up the top 5 teams against each other. In what you think is the lineup as of now

Ridemout ,Duals very very often have different turnouts than tournaments depending on the sise of the tournament ,with a bigger tournament more of the decent but not top kids get taken out of the picture ,the team with the biggest number of high placers and champs usually wins a big tournament because they continue to score till the finish.

A team that has four studs like a Monroeville in Ohio had in years past could win a state title yet be beaten numerous times in duals duiring the year .

Take Campbell County for instance they lost to Ryle last year yet were well ahead of them at State .and before anyone says anything they still would have been .

Good point. Fat is easier to lose. BUT my point is more around motivation.

Haven't seem the activity on the mat that in my mind equals motivation which equals

Likelihood to make a big cut. For example, if fausz said he was cutting to 120 or even

113 I would not question it.

Mpire - looks like you are backpeddling on these guys making the originally stated weights.

For the record, I know fausz is a beast in the weight room and focused on getting better, not smaller.

Ranger that was an inside joke that only about 99% of kentucky got, leaving you in the 1% and possibly only person who didnt get it ,no way stephen goes 182 he will be 160 or 152 unless he grows a bunch and i doubt it ,if he were the Stephen of old he would be shooting for 145 .

Paul i know i give you crap but i got your back on this one just as i did on you making 45 ,he has been to open mats and has competed this summer ,And i think they are all focused on getting better ,can they do more yes some and probably all but its not like they are doing or have done nothing ,my worry is will their playbaby"Stephen and Pauls" attitude i see at summer open mats carry over i hope and think not or someone may Kill them Both .LOL

Ranger i appreciate what you do but negativity isn't the best way to get results all the time give someone a little credit on occasion I give Hamilton a lot of crap some of it fun some of it serious but he is good and CC would not have and will not win state without him .

Fauz wouldn't be able to walk if he even attempted to make 113 thats ridiculous and at 120 he would be to weak that is and was a bad idea from the start .

Paul did you notice your cuddly 220 lb teddy bear shrinking this week he is down to striking range of 220 about six to go and should make it to 220 SAT dont let him cheat tommorow ,

• Upvote 1

Ranger that was an inside joke that only about 99% of kentucky got, leaving you in the 1% and possibly only person who didnt get it ,no way stephen goes 182 he will be 160 or 152 unless he grows a bunch and i doubt it ,if he were the Stephen of old he would be shooting for 145 .

Paul i know i give you crap but i got your back on this one just as i did on you making 45 ,he has been to open mats and has competed this summer ,And i think they are all focused on getting better ,can they do more yes some and probably all but its not like they are doing or have done nothing ,my worry is will their playbaby"Stephen and Pauls" attitude i see at summer open mats carry over i hope and think not or someone may Kill them Both .LOL

Ranger i appreciate what you do but negativity isn't the best way to get results all the time give someone a little credit on occasion I give Hamilton a lot of crap some of it fun some of it serious but he is good and CC would not have and will not win state without him .

Fauz wouldn't be able to walk if he even attempted to make 113 thats ridiculous and at 120 he would be to weak that is and was a bad idea from the start .

Paul did you notice your cuddly 220 lb teddy bear shrinking this week he is down to striking range of 220 about six to go and should make it to 220 SAT dont let him cheat tommorow ,

My sentiment exactly. I was going to say you might want to check Fauzs's pulse at 113 or 120. I understand your point, but don't think you could even take Sean seriously with that kind of cut in mind.

6 or 7 summer camps cmon............. ,camp outs dont count wrestling camps do ,you and your girl roastin marshmallows and makin smores gettin fat and rolling around CC park aint a wrestling camp LMAO

Mr M, I've had Paul's back plenty of times the last couple years, and not just on a wrestling forum. And as you like to say, you made my point for me.

"will their playbaby"Stephen and Pauls" attitude i see at summer open mats carry over". Just showing up at open mats or rolling around at a couple of camps does not equate to getting better. I've given Paul his due as he has made huge strides the last couple season. He is probably one of the most improved wrestlers in the state over that time. But, as you know, playing around does not get you to the top of the podium.

Obviously it is ridiculous for Fausz to cut to 113 or 120. My point was that he has a motivation like very few I have seen so if he told me he was going to make it I would believe him.

I understand you are a Fausz fan as am i ,but as far as The playbaby comments i made you left out the rest of my post where i said i think they will not"and they might get killed if they do " and in those same Open mats where i saw them playbabying i could name some pretty good KY kids doing just as much of the same so i wouldnt single them out and i feel to blame somewhat because i am the one who draws attention to their lack of effort .As for stephen i push him as hard as i can and i have pushed him and he has pushed himself harder than anyone could imagine under circumstances most would give up on ,but high school has a way of slowing a kid down distractions here and there and simply being burnt out not on the sport but the drama and bs that goes with it and life ,sometimes its not a kids fault or its just his time to chill .

As a trainer and someone who has trained his whole life and many many times over trained to the point of injury and sickness ,i know that its far better for a kid to show up and be less than 100% motivated than to not show up at all at times .

As for camps kids rarely soak what goes on at them up in one go around it takes repitition as much as focus, muscle memory and all that .

My personal problem is if they get together and bs around duiring the year it will kill their team i dont see the coaches letting it happen ,their team lives or dies with them .And i hope to see them getting extra work in as well ,as far as being lax i could say that about the whole situation i would like to see open mats a couple times a week when EVERYONE can make them ,as in the Football team five or more starters can never get on the mat and even if its only half hearted or lax it would be better than no time at all ,so if your pointing fingers spread the love .

I'm only pointing at the kids being discussed. I've spent many, many hours in that room over the last few years and I know those kids (except 2) and coaches as well as almost anyone on here (except GOO). There is a lot of potential on that team. But for those guys that need to step up and fill the big shoes left by Yenter and Franck it will take more than potential. They need to work and earn a higher spot on the podium; 3rds and 6ths won't get it done this year. Need a couple more champs to contend with Union.

I totally agree with you and have said the same ,as for the two one can do a little more but has a full plate and can turn it on at the drop of a pin and the other can not do any more than he does when hes not on a field hes in a gym or on the internet watching matches or on a mat .they won with four champs last year and the pressure is on for four more but apply that pressure to everyone it seems that if one or a couple of the four were to falter the sky would fall everyone needs to do their part i heard it in the stands last year well our big guns will make it up ,i didnt like it then and i dont like it now its a big thing to be state Champs and even bigger to be back to back State champs they need to work harder than ever . EVERYONE

LOL no line of fire at all ,just my nature to feel sorry for slackers LOL,I mean kids , I have gotten on them in the past as well its all good and i know everyone likes all the kids and are just trying to help them .

either way i say he can make 145 and it should make things intersting .

C,mon GOO you know it's football season and after watching the game today and that egomaniacal state champ that for some reason cannot be a running back or linebacker because all big wrestlers are lineman bust through ,over, and carry most of Milfords JV team down the field literally ,its not Thor its Earl Campbell at Campbell County ,I guess no one there ever heard of Ray Lewis ,You have to love it when someone tells a kid he can't or he's not able and he is and does .