Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - Preseason August 20

Ranger, I always think you do a great job however Corey Ahern at #6 I dont agree with. I think he can win this weight class. I can't wait to see him match up with Logan Jones in our region. Also, it may be too early for me but I can't find Trevor Lawson. If he goes 106, he's definately top 10. Everyones a critic right! lol!!

Hamilton will go 45 and go for the win,Lane will go 70 and go for rhe win ,Hiero will go 82 for the win ,

Just a hunch ,

Terner and Mathews can both place a bit higher I believe giving CC some extra points .

Ahern and Hamilton should be good if they are the same weight before state

Not being a critic at all just making some guesses that are obvious good moves for some .

No Lawson ?No Binder ? Again not being a critic but are the classes that deep or jr high simply doesn't get added in till game time or both maybe .

Ranger, thanks for the updates. Hope your summer went well. I have been off the reservation for the past few months. One thing that totally snuck up on me is Nathan Boston. Kid is an absolute stud. I try to follow a little bit of Indiana wrestling seeing we used to wrestle across the river there quite a few times a year. When did this move to woodford co happen? Glad to see the state steadily getting stronger if this is true. Second, I know Robbie Dezember had to cut a few pounds last year to make 106 so I'm willing to bet that if 113 is open in the union lineup, he's vying for that spot. It's a shame robert smith (middle school MOW) most likely will be out of a varsity position. Oxford or Sheffer at 106 for union is my prediction. Other than that, I haven't heard too many updates from the western part of KY.

Ranger, I always think you do a great job however Corey Ahern at #6 I dont agree with. I think he can win this weight class. I can't wait to see him match up with Logan Jones in our region. Also, it may be too early for me but I can't find Trevor Lawson. If he goes 106, he's definately top 10. Everyones a critic right! lol!!

At 145 I see Polley and then the next 5 guys (all pretty close). 2-6 could be any order. I have not fit Trevor in there. I think there are many more questions around him (younger, less proven, more questions about weight). Let's see him on the mat first.

Hamilton will go 45 and go for the win,Lane will go 70 and go for rhe win ,Hiero will go 82 for the win ,

Just a hunch ,

Terner and Mathews can both place a bit higher I believe giving CC some extra points .

Ahern and Hamilton should be good if they are the same weight before state

Not being a critic at all just making some guesses that are obvious good moves for some .

No Lawson ?No Binder ? Again not being a critic but are the classes that deep or jr high simply doesn't get added in till game time or both maybe .

I'm not sold on Hamilton making 145. I didn't think he would make 138 last season and he did. But he is much bigger this time around. I agree 100% on Matthews. He is a great athlete and has worked in a fair amount of mat time around his football schedule (a lot of kids would use that as an excuse to skip out). But I don't think Turner has put in the time to warrant being higher.

Many of the middle school kids are incorporated. I see 106 as being potentially as deep as I have seen it in a while. Bindner will have to step up his game to beat many of these kids who were battling for spots at the big show last year. I don't know that Lawson will make 106.

Andrew Ackley is going 113? My son wrestled him last year at The USA Wrestling Kentucky State at 128 and I was impressed with the kid..... But 113? I guess anythings possible but that does seem like a big loss.

Andrew Ackley is going 113? My son wrestled him last year at The USA Wrestling Kentucky State at 128 and I was impressed with the kid..... But 113? I guess anythings possible but that does seem like a big loss.

I haven't seen any results for Ackley this summer; so i didn't see him in a 128 bracket. I have moved up the kids that I am confident will be moving up. Otherwise I leave them for now. Plus, with those small brackets, the bracket weight means little as many kids are grouped together. Who knows what he weighed that day.

Elijah miller is going 195. the kid has put on 10 to 15 pounds of muscle.. Chamblee is going 182 according to him. I THINK MILLER WIILL SUPRISE A LOT OF PEOPLE! Chamblee and him go at it at open mats and its pretty even.

ukpridewrestler11,

Thanks for the kind words about Nathan. We moved over the summer due to aging grandparents. LN hired a great coach but we had the opportunity to move back to Woodford so we did. Ranger, Trevor will make 106 but ultimately it is Joe Joe and Mr. Coach Carr's decision where he goes.

I'm not sure many of the cc wrestlers who are playing football are getting any extra work or wrestling in at all except 1 who I know is ,its a pretty hectic schedule I'm not sure who was hitting open mats before but Turner was there some , all I know is he earned his spot is a good athlete and will be wedged between Stephen Hamilton and Mathews and have a few others eying his spot , I think he hits the podium in the setting he will be training in or maybe I'm just hopeful we will see .

I have never seen Hamilton look as if he had overly cut i think he can make 45 or 47 without killing himself it may not seem the best move for the team but it would be at a state setting where the higher placers earn points

you can post anything you want. doesn't mean i'm going to believe it. i'll swing by the hs in a few weeks and if he steps on the scale below 160 i will start to believe.

and mpire what do you think would be best for the CC team? And just stepped on the scale yesterday and weighed 161.4 so close enough, soph, jr, and now sr. no one believes the weight i say and i always make it. Except once a year ;)

I don't know 161.4 to 147 from off season to inn season weight 14.lbs your sr yr for the big one thats not that big of a drop to me I have seen one of your teammates drop that in a week when they were in jr high and in good shape already ,114 to 98 in two weeks . I have seen kids drop that almost every week in the season Bracetta wrestled 119 for graham and weighed over 130 most of the season .

It depends on how someone performs how they do it and what's best for them I'm sure there are lots of projected kida that can make lighter weights with no problem if they wanted I know some on your team who can cut a bunch when they want to , but when a kid doesn't have to or a team or coach doesn't want them to they very quickly lose motivation too .

If I were a sr and had a shot at a state title I would do whatever it took be it up down train 5 hrs a day lift run wrestle wouldn't matter you only live once.

As far as the team goes wherever you end up placing highest will Benifit the team the most in most cases juggling guys around to get a few points by moving someone who can do better lower up backfires . But it's all a gamble just do your best and it all works itself out your room is good enough to get whatever your team needs out of it

What about the one that was bumped out at the end of last year? Bachman? Is he not at CC anymore or not wrestling? I didn't see him on the rankings. And I heard he tore it up at the Chilocothy (SP) duals this summer.

Along with that I don't see Brad Krebs on the list. He did a fantastic job for CC at the beginning of the year.

Well he's a good kid but you can't rank him if he's not going to make the team can you bro I don't know squat about chillicothe except it's full of crasy chicks ,but I was at the bluegrass games and I know ranger got the results and those were ky boys and he had a bad day to say the least , not being mean at all being honest if someone makes the team they can get ranked then , and FYI Stephen isn't no transfer now and he's one bad mo fo getting jacked up for college and i wouldn't get in his way no matter who I Was or what history I had with anyone .

I like him but he hasn't shown me he is a top contender for state or even to be a high placer he could be the nicest kid in the world he could be Donald Trump or Cael Sandersons son i don't give a pigs eye if you can't cut the mustard you don't make the team and this team isn't last years .

What about the one that was bumped out at the end of last year? Bachman? Is he not at CC anymore or not wrestling? I didn't see him on the rankings. And I heard he tore it up at the Chilocothy (SP) duals this summer.

Along with that I don't see Brad Krebs on the list. He did a fantastic job for CC at the beginning of the year.

Bachman will fall right into the heart of the CC lineup, where there is a lot of depth. If he cracks the lineup he becomes a definite challenger for a podium spot.

Not sure if Krebs will make it back to 106/108. If he does he will battle to make the list. But as i said before, this may be as deep as I have seen the little guys.

Let me answer this question.

HE DOESN'T DESERVE TO BE RANKED.

Now I say this with love since he's my boy. But he has done nothing to get ranked yet. He did have a great day in Chilicothy, but had terrible days at Cincy state and Bluegrass games. The only consolation is that he was wrestling 170 at Cincy and Bluegrass and 160 in Chilocothy.

Depending on what Hamilton and Stephen does will determine what he does. Other than those two he should be able to defeat any of the others. I know they have been talking and Kent says he can go down to 145 (I don't thik he can) if need be, but if Homilton makes 145 then he will be wherever Stephen is not 152/160. Otherwise I'm not sure he will go 170, or what he will do.

But he has to get his head on straight. I know as do others that when he has his head on straight there are very few that he cannot seriously compete with in KY. On the other hand when his head is not there there are few that he can defeat. Those that know Kent know he is a late season wreslter. He limps into the season and usually ends a lot better in the post season. (he has done this almost his entire wrestling career).

Bachman can make the team at the right weight and a wrestle off win,but how can you rank him when you have no clue where he will be except guess ,he's probably like Paul and Stephen and some of the others they can wrestle at about three classes or more and be effective I'm not so sure anyone knows where Corbin is going either .

Woods is a hard worker and a good kid, but the only chance he has of cracking the lineup is to go 138 or beat Bachman where ever he may end up. He can't beat Hamilton or Myers, and I don't think he is strong enough to knock Turner out of a spot. As GOO says just my opinion take it or leave it. This is a perfect case of where the weight class changes last year are going to potentially knock a dedicated, good wrestler out of a spot.

That sound about right unless Hamilton is 52 and Woods is 45 Im not sure Bachman can cut below 52 i dont have a clue ,Corbin can obviously wrestle lower than Bachman , he was looking to make a huge jump but i doubt 170 was in the picture,and Turner is to big to strong ,