Sign in to follow this  
cmccoy

Bluegrass State Games Date Change

There was an issue with Bryan Station at the last minute so the BGSG will be held all on one day at Lafayette HS on July 14th. Weigh-ins will be at the same time on Friday July 13th from 4:00-7:00.

Bantam-Schoolboy: Wrestling will start at 8:30am

Cadet-Senior: Wrestling will begin at 1:30 pm

We are still looking for Remote weigh-in sites as well.

I apologize for any confusion or problems but this was something out of our control.

Remote Weigh in:

Jeffersontown HS- Louisville KY

July 13th: 4-6 pm

Weights: All

No Registration or Payments will be accepted here only weigh ins

Location- Upstairs in the small gym behind the school (right side)

Open Mats @ J-Town (must have USA Card)

July 11, 12, 13th Wed-Friday from 1-3:30 pm

Someone needs to have a remote weigh in, in NKy. Makes it hard to travel to Lexington 2 days in a row.

Can't you get someone at CCHS to hold one?

Ranger has agreed to do one. Plantmanky....I did not see one from you. Where and when do you want to hold one. There will be one at Campbell County on Thursday from 6:30-7:30.

You can register at www.bgsg.org . You have to register by July 9th online to save $5. If not, you can register at the door and the cost is $30.00.

I know i may be asking a lot but are there any kids planning on doing the tournament or are there usually any between 195 and 250ish and can HS kids cross over and do the open .

I assume this is not a sanctioned event and the weights will be grouped together for match purposes .

I know in years past, they would let you bump up to wrestling in more than one age group. But I heard more recently they stopped allowing it. I think you could only wrestle in one class.

I would get there to register 30 minutes or so before we begin.

Due to moving to the round robin format a few years ago, we do not allow guys to wrestle in more than one age division or weight class. We originally did this but many guys began dropping out after we put them in two.

MPire - call me and we can talk more about your questions.

Great off season tournament very timely not that i like the clock continuously running but it made things much faster .saw some good matches .You could tell a lot of kids were rusty and a lot were missing but it was a fun day and i saw nothing but good attitudes from everyone .Hopefully it grows .Nice to see some refs earning the respect of the fans as well as the wrestlers.Great Stuff

Not really understanding why this thread is still held at the top , unless people really are waiting for results perhaps it would be better replaced with another tournament thread , super 32 or any or all ore season tournys .