Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - May 16

I wish more KY teams would make the trip south rather than north. Union County comes to the GP West Tournament in Brentwood, TN every year. I can't remember the last time they won it though. They did end up at a respectful 4th place this year.

Bruin - GP West Invitational Place Team Score 1. Christian Brothers 236.00 2. Cleveland 213.00 3. McCallie 208.50 4. Union County 161.00 5. Brentwood 114.50 6. Ravenwood 109.00 7. Franklin 95.50 Houston 95.50 9. Clarksville 91.00 10. Oolteway 83.00 11. Blackman 70.00 12. Centennial 68.50 13. Cookeville 63.00 14. McGavock 56.50 15. Red Bank 47.00 16. Seigel 40.00 17. Fort Campbel 38.00 18. Antioch 36.00 19. Overton 30.50 20. Tullahoma 28.00 21. Franklin Road Academy 19.00 22. Lipscomb 18.00 23. Montgomery Central 9.50

brentwood. is d2 there not even good

brentwood. is d2 there not even good

Sheehan,

Brentwood High always puts together a good team. They are D1 and placed better at individual state than your Heritage.

Buckeye,

GP West is a tough tournament. TN has tough tournaments and teams. I just wanted to add a little perspective to those who know very little about TN wrestling. I'm not trying to put down KY either, as I know they have some very tough wrestlers and teams also.

I wish more KY teams would make the trip south rather than north. Union County comes to the GP West Tournament in Brentwood, TN every year. I can't remember the last time they won it though. They did end up at a respectful 4th place this year.

Bruin - GP West Invitational Place Team Score 1. Christian Brothers 236.00 2. Cleveland 213.00 3. McCallie 208.50 4. Union County 161.00 5. Brentwood 114.50 6. Ravenwood 109.00 7. Franklin 95.50 Houston 95.50 9. Clarksville 91.00 10. Oolteway 83.00 11. Blackman 70.00 12. Centennial 68.50 13. Cookeville 63.00 14. McGavock 56.50 15. Red Bank 47.00 16. Seigel 40.00 17. Fort Campbel 38.00 18. Antioch 36.00 19. Overton 30.50 20. Tullahoma 28.00 21. Franklin Road Academy 19.00 22. Lipscomb 18.00 23. Montgomery Central 9.50

That was without Brock and all the points he would have provided.....Team KY would wipe the mat with Team TN......Way to put yourself out there Sheehan34....You have no idea what is coming your way !

Best of luck buddy,,,,,I got a feeling you are going to need it !

• Upvote 2

That was without Brock and all the points he would have provided.....Team KY would wipe the mat with Team TN......Way to put yourself out there Sheehan34....You have no idea what is coming your way !

Best of luck buddy,,,,,I got a feeling you are going to need it !

There's a couple of regulars missing here but I wouldn't call it the JV. Like most every team you sometimes have guys nursing wounds or getting to a different weight class. It's a good tournament. Freshman, JV and Varsity tournaments all going on at the same time.

Name Wt Year Won Lost

Rob Dezember 106 7 1 2

Trae Blackwell 113 1 4 0

Jeff Wurth 120 4 5 1

Justin Whitaker 126 5 4 2

Jayce Carr 132 1 4 0

Jacob Garrett 138 0 1

Gabe Ervin 145 6 2 2

Jake Risinger 152 6 3 2

Beau Sheffer 160 3 5 2

Kane Morris 170 5 1 1

Bryan Carter 182 8 0 2

Devin Smith 195 6 2 2

Reshawd Wilkins 220 3 1 2

Raynel Brown 285 6 3

well evidently someone knows a little about both state compare their state champs and figure it out for yourselves ,Ky best kids can hang with any states and at times our best will beat most states best and that includes Tenn.Sheehan you seem to have a knack for knocking people in both states perhaps thats simply your goal from the start ,your not making any friends quick and your burning bridges as you go ,now if you can back up your talk its all good but im it doesnt look like you can to me and no one whosees you wrestle will take you seriously untill you actually prove your at least a decent wrestler as of now all we have seen is you getting pinned ,your not representing the state you come from and brag about very well and on the same thread you bragged them up then ran them down .Tenn is no PA or OH and its definatly not worthy of blasting on KY .

And if a grown up actually wants to defend the argument of a kid who obviously doesnt know much about respect or wrestling then whatever Ky has kids who would make most Tenn wrestlers look lost on the matt

I know i feel sorry for the kid im just bored and couldn't believe a Tenn person actually took up for this kids trash talk ,i dont know squat about Tenn wrestling except my Good Friend Waylon Lowe lived there and i could actually care less if they wanted to wrestle their best against ours it would be fine by me though .I watched his match on FLO and i can almost swear the kid anouncer calls him a tennessee midget ,go on Flo and watch it its Sheehan vs landon or something Cadet duals its very entertaining .all the talk just proves everyone is bored and waiting on Rangers new Rankings .

Did Tenn send a team to NHSCA scholastic Duals?

Im Still trying to process the Super 32 comment its like me saying you will know me after the Boston Marathon LMAO except i could make it sooner or later this kid might not make it through a match at 32 .

I know i feel sorry for the kid im just bored and couldn't believe a Tenn person actually took up for this kids trash talk ,i dont know squat about Tenn wrestling except my Good Friend Waylon Lowe lived there and i could actually care less if they wanted to wrestle their best against ours it would be fine by me though .I watched his match on FLO and i can almost swear the kid anouncer calls him a tennessee midget ,go on Flo and watch it its Sheehan vs landon or something Cadet duals its very entertaining .all the talk just proves everyone is bored and waiting on Rangers new Rankings .

Did Tenn send a team to NHSCA scholastic Duals?

Im Still trying to process the Super 32 comment its like me saying you will know me after the Boston Marathon LMAO except i could make it sooner or later this kid might not make it through a match at 32 .

I wasn't taking up for this kid. Like many of you, I was only taking up for my state. Like I said earlier, I don't even know this kid but if he were the real deal then I would know him. TN only sends HS dual teams to Cadet and Junior Freestyle Duals.

Of course when some kid says look out for him hes going to do well because hes from Tenn and now hes in KY and KY wrestling isnt as good as Tennesses people are going to bash him ,but after looking in hes just a little .........lost to use a kind word .good luck to him and this is a KY Website anyone bashing KY and talking up other states in comparison should expect to get bombarded.

all i know is what the kid said and what i saw on the match and they contradict each other .

That said i think KYs best would poop on Tenn LMAO

• Upvote 1

well evidently someone knows a little about both state compare their state champs and figure it out for yourselves ,Ky best kids can hang with any states and at times our best will beat most states best and that includes Tenn.Sheehan you seem to have a knack for knocking people in both states perhaps thats simply your goal from the start ,your not making any friends quick and your burning bridges as you go ,now if you can back up your talk its all good but im it doesnt look like you can to me and no one whosees you wrestle will take you seriously untill you actually prove your at least a decent wrestler as of now all we have seen is you getting pinned ,your not representing the state you come from and brag about very well and on the same thread you bragged them up then ran them down .Tenn is no PA or OH and its definatly not worthy of blasting on KY .

And if a grown up actually wants to defend the argument of a kid who obviously doesnt know much about respect or wrestling then whatever Ky has kids who would make most Tenn wrestlers look lost on the matt

okay so im not there two make friends. im there two do 3 things. try to help a team out win a state title and show everybody im a wrestler.

I think it's funny that a kid from Tennessee with a 4-4 record - including two forfeits (according to NWCA) has caused so much discussion.

yeah i got injured that year. and that was my first year wrestling. just forget everything that i said . i dont need my words to prove anything. im gonna wrestle my ass of to win . just all im saying is expect big things from me

He sounds like he really wants it , if I were him I would go 220 and beat the two state champs that are speculated to be there but you never know both of them may be 195, I personally would like to see him get in shape and go about ....... 160 or 152 .... He would probably wipe those weights out,I am guessing he does go 182 maybe 170 if he has good room and coach but who knows all I know is if he does go 220 three things will happen two :)him before he figures out life would have been easier back in VOL country one he learns not to trash talk whole states on their own website two he learns a lot more about wrestling than he dd in Tenn and three if he makes it to state he learns how many lights are on the ceiling at AllTech if he runs into the region 6 champ because he is here two do three things because he's already done one of his original 4 and that's win 3 mote State titles and pin Everyone .

It's been fun and broke up the off season boredom but someone really needs to take Sheehan under their wing and help him out hopefully he does well and gets a good mentor something he obviously lacked in Tenn but personally I like his arrogance it will make everyone come after him and his team and if he can back it up he's rockstar if he doesn't hes just a kid who wanted to wrestle and got carried away no harm no foul give him a break he's just starting out and seriously I hope he doesn't go 220 .

Sheehan I'm not sure you can find the state matches on video anywhere but you can see some of KYs state champs on flo and you tube if you look up their names .

He sounds like he really wants it , if I were him I would go 220 and beat the two state champs that are speculated to be there but you never know both of them may be 195, I personally would like to see him get in shape and go about ....... 160 or 152 .... He would probably wipe those weights out,I am guessing he does go 182 maybe 170 if he has good room and coach but who knows all I know is if he does go 220 three things will happen two :)him before he figures out life would have been easier back in VOL country one he learns not to trash talk whole states on their own website two he learns a lot more about wrestling than he dd in Tenn and three if he makes it to state he learns how many lights are on the ceiling at AllTech if he runs into the region 6 champ because he is here two do three things because he's already done one of his original 4 and that's win 3 mote State titles and pin Everyone .

It's been fun and broke up the off season boredom but someone really needs to take Sheehan under their wing and help him out hopefully he does well and gets a good mentor something he obviously lacked in Tenn but personally I like his arrogance it will make everyone come after him and his team and if he can back it up he's rockstar if he doesn't hes just a kid who wanted to wrestle and got carried away no harm no foul give him a break he's just starting out and seriously I hope he doesn't go 220 .

Sheehan I'm not sure you can find the state matches on video anywhere but you can see some of KYs state champs on flo and you tube if you look up their names .

thanku for the back up. and i am trying to get down. i wrestled 95 cuz i didnt have a choice. i usually wrestle 82. im cutting now. i would never ever go 220 i know for sure im just gonna get head and armed or over powerd. like right now we have practice tuesday and thursdays. cuz season hasnt started or whatever and those days were off i have to run myself with out somebody pushing me. its hard to just get up and go run. here in tn we start school next week and im hoping to stay after school everyday that i dont have practice and get in shape. u know. cuz ill be at home bored i get tired of playing video games and ill want to eat. and u know it sucks. but thank you for the support.

Uh .............. Yeah sure thing,

When and where are you going to school in KY because I don't think you can wrestle for both states but you never know they might make an exception.

Uh .............. Yeah sure thing,

When and where are you going to school in KY because I don't think you can wrestle for both states but you never know they might make an exception.

well season hasnt started here yet though

Hey when you can wrestle in two states at the same time you are a beast ,gotta go got this midnight scrimmage thing to go to thats dedication boys first day eligible to go in pads and its on at Midnight ,...got bigger problems theres a state champ who wants to be a linebacker in college and his team needs him at Nose its a strange world he needs to compromise.

This has been fun but there are actually kids who live in Kentucky that should be the focus of this thread . Living breathing Kentucky high school wrestlers that actually live in Kentucky who have wrestled more matches than they can count on their hands .

• Upvote 1

This has been fun but there are actually kids who live in Kentucky that should be the focus of this thread . Living breathing Kentucky high school wrestlers that actually live in Kentucky who have wrestled more matches than they can count on their hands .

AGREED!!

Looking at the rankings and only really knowing a a handful of kids mostly from reg 6 but seeing some of the best at state in the Heavyweight class i would be stunned if Cody Miskell does not place higher than he is ranked and actually if he isnt top three :"and honestly he should win state without a doubt "something is severly wrong he is easily the strongest kid in that class and he barely makes the limit he has been working and going to camps all summer getting it done on his own his only weakness is his young team and he will not have any partners to go with at Practice .if he were on the right team he would pin through the year barring a couple of moves and he should easily be the breakout wrestler of the year in KY someone dropped the ball with him last year he should have been on the podium without question . I said it first .....its a shame had he a couple more years and a good room he would easily be a good D1 wrestler and still could be . im not stretching the truth a bit if he were my kid he would be trying to figure out wich powerhouse team he was going to go to in college hes a genetic freak ,

Trevor Thompson should do a bit better than predictted as well i was surprised to see another jr ranked ahead of him after winning TOC and hitting some of the in state tournys "I saw him at the games he looked fairly good with only a little bit of rust he opened himself up once but was never in danger of losing ''He could be top three at any of three weights ,doubt he would attempt anything under 195 though ,surprised he didnt squeak in somewhere at 220 last yr i saw a lot of sr in there and i think one side of the bracket was a bit tougher minus one wrestler not sure which side Trevor was on but he still should have managed his way back through the wrestlebacks .I would be shocked if he isnt higher than predicted at state .With the jr high kids in Ky allowed in i think WV may have a few surprises up their sleeve and give everyone a hint of how their future will be they will not be a team that goes under after the Jones brothers are gone by a longshot their best is yet to come and the Jones should be there leading the way for all the young talent coming up .They have a young man named Mason Smith who is tearing it up across the country winning tournys in multiple states the last few weeks including the Ohio state fair hes a young fearless type who along with another of his teammates could end up being comparable to Brock and Jayce in the future a great one two combo for any team anywhere .

Then there is Campbell county who won the jr high state championship oddly enough i have really only noticed a couple of them and one i think is not even in jr high but is a freakin little beast and another who may not make the HS team due to depth .I find it hard to believe when people say the lighter weights in KY are weak it is not the case historicaly Oh has incredible lightweights but i do not think that diminishes a neighboring states skill at that class i do however think KY is very talented in their middle weight classes at least in the upper end and may have an upper weight class that is loaded at the top if everyone doesn't fan out .

As far as team goes i think the champs are still the champs untill proven otherwise ;)it may be anyone of the big three teams to take but in a big tourny setting i like CC odds maybe a bit better than everyone elses Big scorers can be a major factor and i think CC has more big scorers four AAs this summer and another wrestler who could win state if he is in the right spot or has a good day and is ready, strange seeing a runner up from last yr who lost to the OW winner not ranked top two i know the two ranked ahead of him are a champ and another runner up and im not disagreeing or agreeing but as a ranker looking at it on paper Hamilton would be second not third Perhaps all questions of that will be answered before state with a possible Jones Hamilton matchup , a team thinking their top scorers will win for them will end all hopes of winning back to back titles and depending on who goes where it will be hard to tell I still think they are deeper than most think with a few from last year that can improve to make up lost ground after losing Yenter and Frank ,there is still the same amount of kids if not more who should place and Austin will score more points at state this year than he did last year i think he scores more than anyone did at last yrs tournament which means he gets one more pin than last years top scorer :) who will be trying his hardest to outscore him .I do not think anyone can predict where many of CC kids will be but i guess that goes for everyone .Its going to come down to a chess game where whoever picks the right weights wins a state team title then again it could be a massacre where numbers and talent both make it an easy win .

• Upvote 1

That is unless the Sheehan hops in there and messes up everyones day by dethroning one of KYs big dogs .

cmon Buckeye its the only game in town the board boredom has to be broken up somehow,Hey you guys down in Union wouldnt be trying to tip the scales in your favor by recruiting THE Sheehan would you that wouldnt be right :P

• Upvote 1