Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - May 16

That is unless the Sheehan hops in there and messes up everyones day by dethroning one of KYs big dogs .

cmon Buckeye its the only game in town the board boredom has to be broken up somehow,Hey you guys down in Union wouldnt be trying to tip the scales in your favor by recruiting THE Sheehan would you that wouldnt be right :P

You wouldn't happen to have a phone number for the Tennessee legend would you? :D

• Upvote 2

I would not want to be a kid with a 2 - 4 record entering. State I just blasted on . Oddly enough 182 is probably the best spot for him returners will probably be at 195 and 220 and Canter and Hiero may both be at 170 I would like to see Hiero wrestle Sheehan though just knowing him and his background It would not be pretty .

good Luck sheehan you know we are just messin with you ,thanks for breaking up our boredom good luck and if your going to 32 you better get workin ,

I heard that Ranger was really posing as Sheehan to keep everyone occupied and keep the focus off the rankings LOL seriously though did everyone not notice how all the focus switched .

And no one even commented on my trinity comment ,i thought foor sure it would get blown out of the water but i guess that ship has sailed to many times it sunk long ago ,

And i have nothing against private schools to each their own but i would not argue against different state tournys for them as far as Team scores go.

WTH all the studs heading to Woodford cty ,Nice pick up if its true A great kid wrestler and Family ,Nate Boston WOW kids a beast the lighter weights just got a lot tougher in ky and the Lawsons if its true are studs a bit after my boys youth time in Oh but i have heard a lot about them and seen them around they will take advantage of the rules in KY allowing jr high wrestlers to compete in HS Woodford just picked up a couple more state placers and a possible ultimate matchup in the lightweights at around 126 or so .

Woodford still isnt going to win state though .unless they pick up three more beasts then you never know .this is already starting out to be a great year .and even though they may not win state they could throw a big monkey wrench into someones chances even CCs.

Naaah

• Upvote 1

I have not seen him in over a year I was just going off of what I heard I would not want to see that matchup at state but I would anywhere else , not many people would understand its just I like to see good wrestling but I like to see good wrestlers get what they deserve even more and not at the expense of other great wrestlers while those less deserving get the same rewards.

Im weak hearted I guess I have often almost felt bad when my own kids have beaten good kids but of course felt worse when my own lost particularly when they have worked their hardest .

Either way it should be interesting if it's true and I'm sure it will make the transfer conspiracy questions of last year pale in comparison , it certainly makes me wonder considering its two family's not just one and if I had to guess I would say they have crossed paths before at one place or another ??? Not that it matters it's all for the best as they will help raise the bar in ky add to the talent pool and bring more wrestling gold back from outside of the state it's a great thing and they will make all those around them and ther weight better either by contact or by scattering them where they will still run into different matchups .

But Im not sure of anything just going off rumors but it is interesting as a few studs can reshape the. Brackets and reshape who does what as far as teams when it counts a few pins here and there a 30 to 60 +point shift at state taking from some adding to another Makes it a whole new ballgame or it could mean nothing .

Nathan Boston is Rob's middle son. The family moved to Indianapolis about 12 years ago due to a job transfer. The office in Indianapolis has closed and the family wants to go back home to help take care of the parents that have been sick over the recent years. Nathan is enrolled in Woodford because that is were the grandparents live and his father was born and raised. The family home in Woodford was never sold. They are officially moved back to Versailles.

Mr. Myers,

You are correct, the lawsons and Boston knew each other from the years of training at Graham. I was told that the Lawsons moved to Versailles due to a Job opportunity in Lexington and Woodford was very simular in size to St. Paris Graham. The Boston's also have known the Myers studs for many years as well. Actually, Stephan and Nathan trained together for a period of time. I assure you this was not a long drawn out plan but an opportunity. Joe Carr found this out 2 weeks ago but probably didnt beleive it until they showed up the first day of school. I know the Boston family is very excited about getting back home. They have been trying to find the right opportunity for atleast five years.

I could see Trevor at 106/113 Nathan 113/120 Kyle at 120/126 but that's only my opinion because of their weights today. Kentucky is home!

I am not sure where the person got their information about moving back to Indy and elibility problem.

This Is a nice addition for the state and particularly for Woodford adding a few national level kids who have competed at the upper level across the nation means the sport in the state is growing that much more and looking ahead I hope adds another AA hopeful to team KY , I remember Nate very well from Prodigy he was a fearless talented wrestler who added to that very talented room a great wrestling family and Mr Boston was always helpful to everyone the kind Of guy who scoped things out and would report back from tournaments and let you know what was happening with your kids matches when you were not there very knowledgable and very helpful he will be a great asset to his sons team and state . You couldn't ask for anyone better to enter the state or have on your team .

Adding the Lawson's is surely a huge Benifit for the future of their team and a big boost for the state as I said they are a bit younger than my own boys but I have seen them around and they are legit studs no one goes through their youth wrestling hanging out at Graham without becoming studs and they have made their mark quite a few state titles will be heading towards Woodford .

Just hope that mom doesn't razz me in the stands again but I think her son is in college now so maybe we have buried the hatchet .

I think my request to add some of the Jr High kids into the High School mix of rankings just took on a bigger role in your job Ranger i have heard from some reliable sources as well as seen for myself that there are some jr high kids who will do very well in High school this year maybe even top the charts .

Well .while everyone is waiting why doesn't everyone else give it a shot ,if you do not know all the classes just cover the ones you do know ,

i think Woodford will move way up in the rankings getting three new high placers and a couple very possible champs as far as teams go .

the problem is i do not think there will be all the studs at the weights they could go they are becoming very cramped and everyone will be looking at where they can win easiest ,heavy will be a toss up where i think an underdog takes it all 220 could be one of the toughest classes as far as winning it if Bryant, Austin and Trevor Thompson are there but i doubt they are all at this weight and they all probably certify at 195 ,at 195 i see one of them winning it whoever doesnt go 220 ,182or 9 or whatever that class is i have no clue perhaps Hiero and at 170 you have Canter,Jones and Chamberle more than likely i have not seen canter wrestle that much and i have seen Hiero improve a lot over the years i would have to go with Hiero although Canter looked great against Jude but i did not see him do anything extraordinary to make that a big deal other than look like a tank and the freshman AA Mathews could be in the mix around here as well it would be nice to see him go up as there may be a shot at a title in it for someone.

160 i wont comment perhaps a rematch of last years 152 finals ,152 looks like Cooper or the possible matchup of the century ,145 could be cooper if he goes his fargo weight but Hamilton and Polly will probably be there as well all three would make it a very tough class with everyone else there ,138 Jayce Hamilton Polly more than likely Jayce ,132 Jayce Brock Lampe unless Lampe is 38 or 45 who knows ,132 Brock or i havent a clue not sure where Fauz is going but he will be in the mix around this weight ,126 ,Brock Fauz ,killebrew all depends ,

120 Boston,113 probably someone scattering 106 Lawson ,

Of course i only have a slim grasp of who is where and who is who i have not seen all the kids and i know there are a lot more studs out there in ky some i have heard of others i have not Courtney ,Parrot,the other Lampe tons of others who will be in the mix Rearic for sure .i know there used to be another Fahy that wrestled but i have not heard anything about him perhaps he does other sports .

Regardless i think the state tournament is going to be better this year than last a lot of quality srs and studs from top to bottom i see maybe two weak weight classes and one may not be so weak ,the Hvy class is suspect and i see the 180s being a bit weak the lighter classes are tough the middleweights are loaded and there are a few bigger studs for sure the best match may be at 220 with two returning champs but im not sure anyone will see it that way and wherever Lampe goes all eyes will follow he could be the upset maker ,i heard Jayce was injured last year duiring their match but it was very entertaining and close ,I see no challengers for Brock or Boston but each other except possibly Faust if they are the same weight and the same for Kevin and Stephen ,Polly and Hamilton will probably be a match to watch Hiero and Canter or Lane Jones if they are all at 170 could be interesting ,If i were Chamberle i would go 182 or whatever that class is he can win there just as easy and without the stress of cutting he may be even better ,i would like to see him win he also wrestled Jude very well last year and he has worked hard for years ,He and Fauz both deserve titles from what i have seen over the years .

KY crush I like most of what you said however there is no way that Thompson or Bryant are anywhere near Austin Myers. Both would be lucky to make it out of the first period, maybe the first minute with Austin.

No disrespect intended but 195 was the weakest wt. class at state last year.