coachteater

Team Facebook Pages

I know several; teams in the state have facebook pages and groups. I have found it is a great think to communicate with as far as schedules, open mats, and links to videos and articles.I also found it has helped our team with things such as getting meeting info to parents and kids, communicating with alumni, and help get the word out to freinds on whats going on in our program. I want to see what others think and if your team has a page, post a link.

thanks,

Paul Laurence Dunbar Fan Page,

Please "Like"

.http://www.facebook.com/#!/PldWrestling

• Upvote 1

We have one and it works very well. We still communicate primarily through email and practice, but the Facebook page does work for that. And the best part is the pictures. We have a couple moms that take pics at all the meets with their fancy pants camara and then put them on the page for all to see and share. Using Kodak Easy share, and just tagging people in photos helps parents that couldn't make it to the meets and grandparents/relatives see Little Johnny in action. Its actually very cool and easy to set up as a "group" page.

OK here is a dumb question. I know there are not suppose to be dumb questions but this probably is one.

Do the schools allow for the use of facebook for a team? GOO-et Jr. had her cheerleading team on facebook, and the school frowned upon it. We had huge problems with the coach because she only did schedules and schedule changes through facebook and texts. (We live in a dead zone for cell phones).

Whatever happened to good ole fashion talking to someone on the phone with a give and take, and a paper schedule with times and places?

I don't have a facebook (all it is good for is gossip) and most schools discourage teachers from having facebook. I have seen so many teachers lose their jobs because of things posted on facebook.

We just use it as an addition to the program, ment to help and move the program forward. If you have tools, use them, but responsibly. We still use really e mail, have meetings in person, and do some things the old fashioned way. I guess its good to have good mix.

• Upvote 1

I use facebook as a way for my parents who are deployed to follow us at tournaments. A parent started our page a few years ago for her husband to see photos...Now I update the page round by round with our varsity results and she uploads pictures.

• Upvote 2