Sign in to follow this  
Illinois Coach

Youth Tournaments

What: 21st Annual Moeller Kid Crusader Wrestling Tournament (Ohio Tournament of Champions qualifier)

When: Sunday, November, 20

Where: Archbishop Moeller High School, Cincinnati, OH

Who: Youth wrestlers ages 5 - 12

Has anyone from here had much luck at the Border Wars or T.O.F.C.? I saw the Fahy kids at T>O>F>C> two years ago and the oldest son went 4-2 I think. Anyone else go to these tournaments?

Ive taken my son to these for the past 4 years. I really like these tournaments, IMO the spring is one of the best tournaments in the country. Great competition and extremely well ran. The format is a little different, basic folkstyle, but one 3 minute period, basically a take down tournament. If you go out of bounds you start in neutral, if you dont turn a man in 10-20 seconds your come back to neutral.

The spring (last weekend in April) has the best competition and more kids, 3500+ at the Columbus Convention Center, kids from California to New Jersey for this one. The spring tourney is billed as the largest one day wrestling tournament in the world. The fall is at a high school, I think its Winchester Canal and its much smaller but still good quality kids from OH, MI and midwest states. Both of these tourneys will get you in and out in half a day, no 45 min waits between matches, when your bout is ready to go, you better be ready. It can be tough but its the same for everyone. One of the wrestling websites ranked the Spring TofC as one of the top 5 tournaments in the country.

The first few years my son was lucky to get more than 2 matches. Now after 3-4 years, hes starting to place, 2-2nd place and one 7th place finish, these are usually 50 man brackets in the spring. Hes very proud of every medal from these tournaments because the competition is the best, always national finalist at this spring tourney.

Have never yet been to borderwars, but go to T.O.F.C. every year. My son had a 64 man bracket two years ago and went 3-2 amd last year 52 man bracket and again went 3-2. Seems like we have hit a wall. For anyone that talks about how good we (KY) are just take your kid or your team (club) to these two or to the fall tournament at Pickerington in Columbus and you will have a true gauge of how good your kids really are against tuff compitition

Has anyone from here had much luck at the Border Wars or T.O.F.C.? I saw the Fahy kids at T>O>F>C> two years ago and the oldest son went 4-2 I think. Anyone else go to these tournaments?

-dale and stan stone from conner went, dale got second, and stanley got 5th maybe 4th if im not mistaking, this was at the TOFC, man this is an incredible tournament, so much fun and GREAT competition.

-Border Wars isnt too bad.. not that good of competition and i would say not worth the drive.

Sign in to follow this