FalconMatt

KHSAA may split public, private schools

I don't know if this would be a good thing or not. How many schools would actually be effected in wrestling. If it brings more private schools into wrestling then that is great but it could also have the opposite effect. Don't know the whole story on this decision by KHSAA. Could someone fill me in.

Won't this hurt wrestling more than help it. We would lose both Trinity and St. X. Is there another private school that wrestles in the state? It's not like Trinity or St. X have been dominating our sport.

i think this would be ridiculous. there is no reason for this split up it would just make our state tournament even weaker than it already is. there are a lot of good wrestlers in these private schools but they arent good enough to win state in the last few years none of them usually have good technicians at these schools they r usually the brutes. this would make our state tourney almost look like it would be too easy to get through. u need competition.

shutupwhileimtalkingtou,

Get some half way decent grammar and then state your opinion. Here is the deal everyone needs to think outside the box here. I know this is a wrestling page but by not doing this your killing other sports I.E. Football, Baseball, and sometimes Basketball.

It is no diffrent then what Ohio did my creating the GCL. It might not affect wrestling as far as I know teams in the GCL still participate in the Ohio State Wrestling Tourn. The only thing this would affect would be the sports I listed above.

Hey cougarwrestler that didn't sound like a threat. Don't correct other people's grammar, I'm sure you make some grammatical errors now and then. I don't think he was really trying to use correct grammar. He didn't attack you so leave him alone. Let him state his opinion and everyone will let you state yours.

Geeezzzz! What a bunch of petty crap that goes on !!!!If you dont want to talk about wrestling, if all you want to do is put someone down or talk trash,PLEASE do it somewhere else.. Am I the only one tired on this?? :x

in khsaa rules no school in the state can recuit for any sport the only unfair advantage private schools have is that they can get out of state players and there arent any district for the school.

the schools it will effect that i know of are Millersburg which hasnt had a team in a couple years i think, Kcd, University heights?, St X, Trinity, i think thats it. So i doubt even if the rule is passed its not going to affect the sport

Hey cougarwrestler that didn't sound like a threat. Don't correct other people's grammar' date=' I'm sure you make some grammatical errors now and then. I don't think he was really trying to use correct grammar. He didn't attack you so leave him alone. Let him state his opinion and everyone will let you state yours.[/quote']

Dont defend shutupwhenimtalkingtou just because hes from woodford, woodford or not, hes a punk. your not suppose to judge a book by a cover but look at his username, shutupwhenimtalkingtou?

He's not a punk. I didn't defend him because he's from Woodford, I defended him because cougarwrestler jumped all over him for nothing. Wouldn't you like it if someone defended you if someone else jumped on you for nothing? I would.

in khsaa rules no school in the state can recuit for any sport the only unfair advantage private schools have is that they can get out of state players and there arent any district for the school.

They say they don't but they sent my friends letters to come to their school for football and they could go for free..Is that not a scholarship..?

blah, blah, blah....Man.......anyway. Back to ther point of this post. Does anyone know how many schools (private) have wrestling. Are there any in northern ky?

LOL.....Ya another scrub from Conner. Thats all they produce right. They did not produce the first 4X in the state did they. Learn you facts before you talk smack. Where is my mispelled word by the way?

Back to the point of the post...I dont think there are any private schools in NKY that have wrestling. But it gets alot deeper then that. Like I stated before this is not just about wrestling. You have to look at things like football. Where teams like Beechwood dominate 1A, Highlands in 3A, and Trinity, St. X in 4A. This is what there trying to stop. Another option would be open enrollment through out the state. Personally im not a big fan of open enrollment. I think that they should def. be split up.

They say they don't but they sent my friends letters to come to their school for football and they could go for free..Is that not a scholarship..?

but that is probably only for mainstream sports like football. It wouldnt effect our sport

but that is probably only for mainstream sports like football. It wouldnt effect our sport

I only asked football players about this, I didn't ask any wrestlers I knew, so it may be for every sport and I wouldn't be suprised if it was.

Cougar even if he cant spell... i know for a fact that he would beat u anyday in this sport. your just another scrub from conner probably!

you have no clue who he is man, i dont know what your talking about, i hate how people on this website think they have everyone figured out and know they are.

LOL.....Ya another scrub from Conner. Thats all they produce right. They did not produce the first 4X in the state did they. Learn you facts before you talk smack. Where is my mispelled word by the way?

Back to the point of the post...I dont think there are any private schools in NKY that have wrestling. But it gets alot deeper then that. Like I stated before this is not just about wrestling. You have to look at things like football. Where teams like Beechwood dominate 1A' date=' Highlands in 3A, and Trinity, St. X in 4A. This is what [b'] there trying to stop. Another option would be open enrollment through out the state. Personally im not a big fan of open enrollment. I think that they should def. be split up.

Cougar, if we're gonna correct people's grammar, try examing your own post. Try using the contraction they're instead of there if you're gonna insult people's grammar. The word there implies a place, not someone trying to stop something.

You asked for where your misspelled word was, thats it kind of, before you get all confrontational like you tend to. Ironic you screwed up in the post where you were asking people where you have. Maybe there's a message in it.

Someone on here said that according to the KHSAA, no schools can recruit....are you sure about this? Where is this posted at? I've read some of this at www.khsaa.org, but what about just recruiting "students" to a catholic school? I've been told by a head wrestling coach at a catholic school over in Cincinnati, that they are totally allowed to recruit students (in Oh)....not necessarily for sports....BUT they can use sports as a reason to lure student athletes...i.e. "We have the best wrestling coach in Cincy." This same coach also was a football coach at Cov Cath for a few years....I asked him if they recruited, and he said without a doubt - they had to get their enrollment up. According to him, it's all legal. As far as wrestlers or athletes from out of state, well that's just ridiculous. I'm sorry, but for Isaac Knable to be able to win 4 state titles in this state while living in Indiana is a complete slap in our face!! He's a super nice guy....but I don't agree with that at all.