Sign in to follow this  
BigCoach

Class of 2012

I have been around this group of seniors for a long time. I was blest to be a high school coach and then went down to the middle school level and coached there for years, and when my son went into high school, came back to the high school level. I know this group of seniors VERY WELL. I will say right off the bat, I am a bit prejudiced, but also as a coach in Kentucky for the past 16 years, I can't remember a group of seniors, from top to bottom, who are better. What a class of seniors! John Fahy, JJ Jude, Drew Newberry, Garth Yenter, Brent Hitchings, Nick Paden, Omar Jarvis, Bernard Ray, Shawn Hull, TJ Ruschell, Luke Troxell, Jake Maupin, Tyler Kaelin, Chase Boone, Corey McCall, Shane White, Chase Rusch, and the list goes on and on and on.

Let's pay one last tribute to these guys. List the accomplishments of this group of men on here to just show how great of a combined career this group of men have had.

I will start with my boys, then list your senior's career accomplishments (as many as you know of):

Nick Paden - 201 wins, 19 losses. 80.5 pins. 978 team points. 5 time regional champ, State Finishes - 2nd, 3rd, 6th

Drew Newberry - 160 wins, 10 losses. 100.5 pins. 876 team points. 3 time regional champ, State Finishes - 1st, 2nd

Bernard Ray - 196 wins, 12 losses. 105.5 pins 1005 team points. 4 time regional champ, State Finishes - 1st 3rd 3rd 6th

Shawn Hull - 156 wins, 24 losses. 81.5 pins. 816 team points. 3 time regional champ, State Finishes - 3rd, 4th, 7th

If you don't know as much as I posted, that is alright, list what you do know. I have a strange feeling that this group of men have some pretty impressive numbers to show off!!

For those who may not realize this, we award half a pin for a tech fall in LaRue County.

• Upvote 2

I agree this was a heck of a senior class. Our only senior who was a returner doesn't have accomplishments anything like those LaRue boys. But does deserve acclaim for having the guts to keep wrestling at regionals after losing the ability to use his left shoulder. There is a youtube video of him wrestling in the consolation semi's with basically 1 arm in order to make it to state. There was a decent possibility he would've placed if he had reached the finals instead of accepting fourth.

Any word on college wrestling plans besides Fahy and Ruschell?

• Upvote 2

Alot of great guys are graduating this year, and im sure I speak on the behalf of everyone, when i say great job on all of your all accomplishments big or small. And we wish all of u all the best of luck with what you do years to come!!!

Omar Jarvis- 3 years

Takedowns- 317, Reversals- 31, Escapes- 49, 2- Point Near Falls- 61, 3- point Near- Fall- 82, Pins- 92, Wins- 145, Losses- 15, 3x state qualifier, State Runner- up

Jared Lynum- 4 years

Takedowns-321, Reversals- 44, Escapes- 56, 2- Point Near Fall- 45, 3- Point Near Falls- 53, Pins- 65, Wins- 124, Losses- 54, 2x state qualifier

Karlan Groves- 4 years

Takedowns- 407, Reversals- 43, Escapes- 84, 2- point Near Falls- 39, 3- Point Near Fall- 56, Pins- 74, Wins- 159, Losses- 67, 3x state qualifier

Brandehn Todd- 4 years

Takedowns- 47, Reversals- 7, Escapes- 22, 2- point Near Falls- 7, 3- point Near Falls- 6, Pins- 21, Wins- 44, Losses - 55, 3x state qualifier