Sign in to follow this  
crevelett

MOW

Got agree with dagger ... 9 straight state titles without ever losing a match in state is amazing. that may be a record that stands a long time.

Congrats but 4 pins and a tech quickest pin and most pins in shortest time and no one scoring a point or lasting a match all year wwould probably get someone an OW without doubt in most states ,just sayin

IN OH if a fresh won 220 he would get it automatic even over that performance but what do i know i am just some dad

I got to talk to John for a few minutes this weekend and was totally impressed with this kid. Many of us in NKY haven't had the opportunity to see him wrestle that often other than the state tournament and the Raider Rumble. I don't think I have ever seen him not totally dominate a match and that includes some of our best KY kids like TJ, Garth, Sean, etc when they were at the same weight. I didn't realize as well that he has placed at the Beast of the East 3 times and Super 32 2 times. There have been a lot of our top KY wrestlers go down to Super 32 the last 3-4 years an no one else has gotten on the podium even once. Some major victories against big names like Brandon Jeske, Norstrem, and a PA runner up (can't remember his name).

Congrats to John on a stellar HS career and good luck.

Congrats John, on a great high school carrier!!! You're an awesome ambassador for wresting and the state of KY, it was an honor to watch you all these years.

Thanks!!

• Upvote 1

Congrats to John Fahy: Best chiose for the MOW.

There are many things that need to be considered when voting for MOW, and many ways coaches vote.

1. Who is the best wrestler at the tourney?

2. Who had the best state tourney?

3. Who had the best season?

4. And on occations such as this year who had the best career.

I for one do not agree with the belief that a kid who upsets another wrestler should get the MOW.

MOW stands for Most Oustanding Wrestler, Not wrestler who upset someone, or champion of the best weightclass. It stands for Most Outstanding Wrestler, and to decide who that is his entire career, season, and post season should be considered.

Because of this John Fahy was the most deserving of them all this year.

Ha mow is mow that day period if it was based on past performance and wins against tough comp it wouldn't go to him either just more bs you had a 3 x AA who has placed at iron man powerade and never not placed in a hs tourney have a better performance wrestling up from the starting seconds of his tourney tell it to someone who believes it get real ow is ow not lifetime achievement or should I say ky favorite get ready for some real wrestling .

Wow Mpire; You must have developed the rules for MOW. I usually agree with it being that day, but if a kid pins all the way through like many HWT's do at the state tourney then that person should get the MOW, but we give an award for that.

Ah but I mention past performances in the Ky state Tournament. As a whole most coaches will not see much outside the Ky state tourny. Summer wrestling is summer wrestling a completely different animal, and should have no bearing on the Ky MOW.

I would think that many of the other parents believe their son should win MOW. Ervin a 10th grader defeated a returning state champion. Austin defeated a state champion from 2 years ago. Cooper dominated his wt. class and didn't have anyone close to beating him. All of these including Stephen had a claim to the MOW.

I would say that since your boys missed most of the year and unfortunately because of your rantings on here and to anyone else who would listen they were given little notice.

Lets be honest, Stephan won one of the weakest weights in the state. It is a good thing for Stephen that he wrestled up in the begining of the year and ended up no being able to certify lower because if he would have wrestled 145 or 138 he would have been runner-up! As for OW, Fahy, Ervin, Cooper, and Austin (defeating previous state champion), all had a better argument for OW than Stephen.

Forgot to metion, KY awarded the OW to Jacob Murton his first year after moving down from OH. And Murton won OW 2 of his 3 years at state, Only Ruschell won it in between and look how he turned out so hard to argure with that one. So need to hold a grudge. If stephen or austin were the best over that two day period they would have won but they weren't so they didn't. I am sure if they can continue to stay at one school and win multiple championshsips next year, in dominating fashion, over better competition then one of them will prob win OW

Congrats but 4 pins and a tech quickest pin and most pins in shortest time and no one scoring a point or lasting a match all year wwould probably get someone an OW without doubt in most states ,just sayin

IN OH if a fresh won 220 he would get it automatic even over that performance but what do i know i am just some dad

So MOVE to OH (or any other state), an pick your sons automatic award!

Ok lets be honest his class was a bit weaker because everyone knows kids ran from him and to be honest had stephen been allowed to go 38 fahy would be a 3xer instead of a 4 timer and everyone knows that as well,

trapping me between a rock and a hard place but no one in fahys class would have gotten out of a match with stephen without getting pinned or teched ,FACT, Cooper is definatly bigger and tougher but has lost this year to kids who stephen has placed higher than and beat in the past and barely beat kids who stephen has majored pinned and teched ,soooooo hate me all you want and only post the posts i make that will get everyone ticked at me doesnt matter facts are facts .

When My boys get on the matt for a whole year rather than a couple weeks things will be a bit different but they wont appear to be because you cant do any better than Stephen did this past weekend or this year and you will not have another Austin come along in your state EVER as for my ranting i can read between the lines see what people try to set up before hand the OW was won before the tourney started its a joke the fastest pin and most pins in least time are actually earned ,and we know who got them i can say my kid won this and that outside of the day who cares .......when there is someone who can back a better record up with facts and individual wins you only look foolish arguing the facts .

I am glad as heck my kids got to wrestle but they should have gotten to Grant broke about every rule imaginable in the treatment of my boys and we as parents they are horrible horrible people while i may be an overbearing whatever i only argue with facts and the facts are my kids are getting downed for helping their school win a state title which brings heat on them from inside and from out i have read posts from coaches from schools who came in fourth or fifth that say they would have won but blame my kids its ridiculous ,my kids wrestle thats what they do if my kids class was weak well kids probably ran genius and if someone wanted to wrestle my kid im sure they could have bumped stephen HAD to go 52 it was a ruling everyone else could have bumped HE!! Fahy didnt show up to wrestle Stephen 2 yrs ago because he said he couldnt make weight hes bigger than stephen and theres no way he could have done what Stephen did at 52 ,

As for me i dont care i do not mind heat from day people got on here and said you will see just like Mark Hall and blah blah blah

well all i saw was a state that made 2 kids bump up 2 classes rules or not they could have released them before state duals and steph would have been 38 or 45 and Austin would have been 95 ,If Ky actually had legitamate bodyfat testing stephen would have certified at 32 but thats neither here nor there its great because all the best kids actually won titles i like Kevin and John its nothing personal its just wrestling and its just debates backed with facts you make a remark about my kid i debate but i use facts that prove my point rather than hey so and so is tough ........as for whats really tough ,lets see a kid go out to Fargo and come back a double AA then i will agree who is tough pal because trust me every college coach in the country knows that is the greatest accomplishment in this sport .19 state titles in ky may be great,i have seen 4 xers never AA in fargo and beast of east and 32 are great IRON MAN is top dog and Powerade is up there as well ,as for normal tournys the OH CIT is insane tough and i saw a new ky state champ breeze through it as well,

Either way congrats to John he is deserving ,he did not have the best performance nor did he have the tougher class neither did cooper Stephens class was tougher than both of theirs ask Fahys finalist opponent how he did with Stephen last year when they wrestled ,no comparrison.......

Better performance over 2 days are you serious were you at the tournament NO one has ever had a performance like that at this tournament get real i saw Results from last yrs ow not even close NO one made it through a match a ten sec pin that was actually about a six and another that should have been about a 4 sec pin that kid shot in and was on his back in 2 seconds flat get real ,

dont know Murton nor do i care ,all i know is what i saw and Fahy could not have done the same against the same comp as steph did and Stephen would have pinned everyone in Fahys class ,and he would have pinned everyone in Coopers as well except maybe that polly kid because Cooper was crushin him and he hung on hahahahah

No matter how you cut it stephen performed the best over the 2 days no question about it from first match to last .

Lets be honest, Stephan won one of the weakest weights in the state. It is a good thing for Stephen that he wrestled up in the begining of the year and ended up no being able to certify lower because if he would have wrestled 145 or 138 he would have been runner-up! As for OW, Fahy, Ervin, Cooper, and Austin (defeating previous state champion), all had a better argument for OW than Stephen.

I dont agree with that statement. 152 was not a weak weight class, at least not any weaker than 138 or 145. Myers dismantled Luke Troxell, who is a very good wrestler. I believe he placed 5x and and was a state finalist. Had he not been pinned by Myers he would have been teched, as the score would have been 20-5 if Troxell got off of his back. As for him finishing runner-up if he was at 138 or 145, I dont know that he would have lost to Fahy or Cooper. I think they would have been great matches and Myers would have a great shot at beating either one of them. I was very impressed by Myers and even more impressed by the fact he was up two weight classes from what he had planned to wrestle.

Wow Mpire; You must have developed the rules for MOW. I usually agree with it being that day, but if a kid pins all the way through like many HWT's do at the state tourney then that person should get the MOW, but we give an award for that.

Ah but I mention past performances in the Ky state Tournament. As a whole most coaches will not see much outside the Ky state tourny. Summer wrestling is summer wrestling a completely different animal, and should have no bearing on the Ky MOW.

I would think that many of the other parents believe their son should win MOW. Ervin a 10th grader defeated a returning state champion. Austin defeated a state champion from 2 years ago. Cooper dominated his wt. class and didn't have anyone close to beating him. All of these including Stephen had a claim to the MOW.

I would say that since your boys missed most of the year and unfortunately because of your rantings on here and to anyone else who would listen they were given little notice.

I think many wrestlers had a good argument for MOW. I have always thought MOW was for the wrestler who had the most dominating performance at the tournament. It always doesnt work out that way though. With that said, I think both Myers, Cooper, Fahy, and Ervin probably had the best tournaments. Stephen Myers and Cooper destroyed everyone, Ervin and Austin Myers were dominating in the tournament and beat state champs in the finals, and Fahy won each match with ease (it never looks like he has to try to hard).

So MOVE to OH (or any other state), an pick your sons automatic award!

Trust me it will be automatic pick a class for him 95 220 or hvy it doesnt matter he will pin them all from here on out ,the last kid to beat Austin in a folkstyle match was this kid named BO JORDAN and there aint no BO JORDANS gonna move in to or come from Kentucky so ,Congrats to Newberry he is a class act a wrestler with honor ,congrats to Union they have a great team full of great kids ,Simon Kenton would be the team to watch Larue seemed very good but their coaches crybabying is puzzling how the heck would they be num 1 without my boys at cc they didnt finish 2nd ???,congrats it seems some in ky know how to play the game and protect their favs but sorry ,there is no protecting anyone from Austin hes a tank and hes going to roll over everyone and he is looking forward to wearing his KY state ring over to OH and rolling over them as well,hes not scared of anyone doesnt need protected doesnt care if you like him or not ,hes a good kid a great wrestler a great worker who does it fair . and that makes him one of the few ,and when he gets his ow he will remind everyone of the year his brother dominated the state tournament like no other even wrestling up and got dissed for OW keep your mow its meaningless we will take what we want and you can have what you have control of see you next year ,

Stephen Had Fastest pin most pins in least time and no one finished a match with him ,he had the better tournament plain and simple he knew what he had to do to make his point and he did it like no one else could ,

I would chalk this up as a special occasion. Winning state 4 times doesn't happen very often and Fahy was rewarded for that accomplishment with MOW. I was impressed by everyone mentioned above. The directions clearly stated to choose the wrestler who had the best state tournament and not overall career, but my vote went for John anyway because of his career. Obviously, I wasn't alone. If Austin wins 4 or Brock wins 5 I promise I will be voting for them that year too. Any year between those accomplishments are up for grabs IMO.

• Upvote 1

Better performance over 2 days are you serious were you at the tournament NO one has ever had a performance like that at this tournament get real i saw Results from last yrs ow not even close NO one made it through a match a ten sec pin that was actually about a six and another that should have been about a 4 sec pin that kid shot in and was on his back in 2 seconds flat get real ,

dont know Murton nor do i care ,all i know is what i saw and Fahy could not have done the same against the same comp as steph did and Stephen would have pinned everyone in Fahys class ,and he would have pinned everyone in Coopers as well except maybe that polly kid because Cooper was crushin him and he hung on hahahahah

No matter how you cut it stephen performed the best over the 2 days no question about it from first match to last .

I have to disagree. Just two years ago, Michael Osborne pinned his way through the entire state tournament including a 37 second pin over Jayce Carr who we know won a state title the next two years after that. You say you argue with facts, but you throw quite a bit of opinion in there as well like the above hi-lited statement. Also, to say Fahy couldn't have done what Stephen did at 152 is also opinion not fact. John is a great kid, very humble and respectful. Every year there are at least 3 or 4 kids who we could make an argument for as the MOW at the state tournament. A few years back, I had the priviledge to coach a kid who won a state title as an underdog so to speak. He did not give up a single offensive point the whole tournament. So not only did he "upset" three kids on the way to his state title but he did it in a fairly dominating performance yet he didn't win MOW. That year Mitch Ervin won MOW and you know what, I agreed with that. He also had a very good performance that weekend and was very deserving. John deserved that award this year and for that, I say congrats. I had a lot of fun watching that kid over the last 4 years just like I hope I have a lot of fun watching your sons over the next few years.

• Upvote 1

I just wanted to comment how impressed I was with Garth Yenter. I had not seen him wrestle much, but thought he looked huge for his weight and looked very solid during his match. He pinned and teched his way to the finals and then beat a good wrestler in Paden.