Sign in to follow this  
tiger

State Team Scores

If the Myers wanted to wrestle for Coach B and CC then they should have started there in October and this is a non-issue. The Ryle and Mark Hall situation not even close. Hall started at Ryle from day one and spent an entire season and school year there. But when you start the season and compete in varsity matches at another school and then transfer for personal reasons they should have been required to sit out a year. If the Myers help CC to a team title next season, and they probably will, then no astrix needed. But for 2012 Union County was the real state champion and Campbell was somewhere between 2-5 depending on how the Myers predecessors would have fared. (for the record I live no where near Morganfield and have never had any association with Union, just an outsider calling it like I see it.)

Maybe that is why CC took them to keep someone else from doing the same. Maybe you're just pissed because they did not come to your team! Or could it be that it is in the past and does not matter, I feel sorry for those who cannot move on! Ryle had their chance with a transfer and came up short, so it was CC's turn, maybe your team can be next! Anyone who thinks we would have been completely out of the hunt without the Myers is also a dumbass or stupid! Yes, thanks to the Myers and no on else on Campbell's team they won state. So, I do think that kids like GY and PH and CW and SF and MF and KK and BK and SM and BS deserve some respect instead of a smartass POS comment at the end of your little venting session.

Could not have said it better myself!

Grow up people! The KHSAA released them. They had a change of address and wrestled for Campbell County. If you want to be bitter about something be bitter towards the KHSAA who released them the Monday after State Duals. They could have released them earlier but did not.

• Upvote 1

Sorry for one more post. I wanted to end it but:::::::

Dropkick: My agenda is not a secret. And I am not Dusty B, I don't like talking to myself. At least not in public.

• Upvote 2

Sorry for one more post. I wanted to end it but:::::::

Dropkick: My agenda is not a secret. And I am not Dusty B, I don't like talking to myself. At least not in public.

bulldog leader, for the record "ccwrestler oldschool" is not Dusty Brown. Dusty is currently in bootcamp with no access to computer,cell phone, pen and paper, fire for smoke signal or any other form of communication. dont know why you have to bring dusty in to this.

• Upvote 1

the myers had a legitimate reason for moving non sports related, that me not being part of their family has no right to say on some forum. so just know they didnt move for "a state banner or championship"

• Upvote 1

Correct it is no ones buisness ,go back look at my posts we depend on us for what we do thats how life is My wife is from grant i am from Campbell my son stephen actually goes to school with kids he went to kindergarten with in highland heights we are not native ohioans ,weird all the us vs them crap everyone tried to throw our way ,its not like that the boys liked ohio and they seem to like were we live now ,Actually hope the boys get to spend some matt time with the union kids they are tough and talented as our the CC kids its a sport i actually thought a lot about Simon Kenton knowing cooper was the only kid in NKY who could hang with my boys but didnt know they had such a good all around team congrats to them they are tough as nails ,

Anyone who knows me knows i have always talked about coming back to KY and CC with my boys of course Highlands was a thought i graduated from there but no wrestling no way ,CC is a huge school the kids will have fun there and win some more titles hopefully represent KY the way i always wanted them too.

As i said before nothing i said before was a lie and my boys as usual backed up anything i said and then some ,great tournament great venue great wrestling in KY ,

If the Myers wanted to wrestle for Coach B and CC then they should have started there in October and this is a non-issue. The Ryle and Mark Hall situation not even close. Hall started at Ryle from day one and spent an entire season and school year there. But when you start the season and compete in varsity matches at another school and then transfer for personal reasons they should have been required to sit out a year. If the Myers help CC to a team title next season, and they probably will, then no astrix needed. But for 2012 Union County was the real state champion and Campbell was somewhere between 2-5 depending on how the Myers predecessors would have fared. (for the record I live no where near Morganfield and have never had any association with Union, just an outsider calling it like I see it.)

Lets not bring up the Hall kid. I don't care if he started off with Ryle at the beginning of the year or not, where his true residence is the big question.

Why can't people get over the fact the KHSAA RELEASED them. They released them the Monday after the state duals. They chose to release them that late, it could have been done sooner. These kids were enrolled at the beginning of January.

snapdrag: It was a joke. Dusty once told me he got on here with two different names and argued with himself to make the forum more interesting.

all is good. good luck to kent.

For Petes sake people, you guys whine more than a spoiled little kid in a grocery store checkout line. If the Myers did this, if the KHSAA did that... .Look it, here's the deal. A lot of people whining on here have nothing to do with situation and are in fact half way across the State. You can try to steal Cambells County's thunder all you want, but they ARE the State Champs. Period. Whether they lifted more than you, trained more than you, ate special food... whatever. They beat you. And I'm sure the other wrestlers on that team really appreciate people trying to take away what they've earned. My question to everyone with a gripe is this... what are you going to do about? Cry and whine or start right now to train to beat them next year? Like it or not, they're good now and I gaurentee they'll be better next year. Congratulations to Cambell County and I can't wait to see you guys next year!

What did I tell y'all tell the truth was that the best performance you have ever seen or what pleeaaaaasssssseeeee that was sick Stephen says hello ky state tournament with a 10 second pin and leaves everyone wondering just how good is this kid ,well a lot better than I ever make him out to be and waaaay better than anyone he has or will wrestle in ky , 8 weeks off wrestling up 2 classes and should have been ow without a doubt look at what he did . No one else in the state could have done it no one and he still outdid everyone ...... Although a freshman 220 is pretty insane

For Petes sake people, you guys whine more than a spoiled little kid in a grocery store checkout line. If the Myers did this, if the KHSAA did that... If a frog had wings it wouldn't bump its ass.Look it, here's the deal. A lot of people whining on here have nothing to do with situation and are in fact half way across the State. You can try to steal Cambells County's thunder all you want, but they ARE the State Champs. Period. Whether they lifted more than you, trained more than you, ate special food... whatever. They beat you. And I'm sure the other wrestlers on that team really appreciate people trying to take away what they've earned. My question to everyone with a gripe is this... what are you going to do about? Cry and whine or start right now to train to beat them next year? Like it or not, they're good now and I gaurentee they'll be better next year. Congratulations to Cambell County and I can't wait to see you guys next year!

AMEN!

the myers had a legitimate reason for moving non sports related, that me not being part of their family has no right to say on some forum. so just know they didnt move for "a state banner or championship"

Give me a break! what a crock! And in response to someone above. No, I am not pissed they didn't go to my team. I DON'T EVEN HAVE A TEAM. I'm just a spectator that loves quality high school wrestling. And seeing as this is a discussion forum, I think I'm allowed to display my opinion on the matter. My opinion being that I HAD a lot of respect for Bankemper and the CC coaches which has now diminished greatly. To bench a kid busting his ass all year so you can let a transfer on to wrestle their first tournament at regionals is just wrong, and I never would of thought Bankemper would be the one to do it. Also, to say any team would have let them on is just not true. and for the love of god don't feed me this line of BS about how they had a legitimate reason to move.

Since you brought this up, what exactly was the "non sports related" reason?

Well said and I agree with every word.

What did I tell y'all tell the truth was that the best performance you have ever seen or what pleeaaaaasssssseeeee that was sick Stephen says hello ky state tournament with a 10 second pin and leaves everyone wondering just how good is this kid ,well a lot better than I ever make him out to be and waaaay better than anyone he has or will wrestle in ky , 8 weeks off wrestling up 2 classes and should have been ow without a doubt look at what he did . No one else in the state could have done it no one and he still outdid everyone ...... Although a freshman 220 is pretty insane

Just wondering why you are constantly going on and on about the boys wrestling "UP". Why the need to pretend that they are overcoming some major disadvantage because they aren't cutting down to whatever weight the fat test said they might be eligible for? I would guess that 70-80% of the kids wresling in the state competed at some weight class above what the fat test said they were eligible for. Ervin was eligible for 120, is he wrestling "UP"? Fahey was eligible for 132 and I am told walking aroung at 143. Is he wrestling "UP" at 138? Same for Cooper. He was eligible for 138. I guess he deserves more credit for dismantaling everybody at 145 since he was also wrestling "UP". Jude fat tested for 152!!! He's wrestling "UP" 2 classed as well! Stephen was at Reading a month and a half ago weighing 156. And don't give me the BS about not being in wrestling shape. When you train 12 months out of the year since 1st or 2nd grade your never that far removed from being in wrestling shape. I am sure they both weighed about the same as everyone else in there weight class. Normally wreslting "UP" means that you weigh in at a lower weight class as in a dual meet and the coach bumps you up to wrestle a higher weight class for team points. So give it a rest about how remarkable their performance was considering they were wrestling "UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP"!!!!! By the way, they both wrestled great .... just not "UUUUUUUUUPPPPPPP"

Same thing with the constant comment about Austin being an amazing "FRESHMAN". For pete sake he's as old as some kids that are juniors and probably has twice as many years on the mat. Amazing "FRESHMAN" wrestling "UP"!! You don't need to pretend that they are anything more or less than what they really are. Both kids are tremendous wrestlers but are not at any disadvantage! Both have been held back. Which is fine by me, a lot of the top kids are holdbacks ie Jude, Carr, Brock, etc. I have no problem with it. I think it is more impressive when kids accomplish the same without being held back like TJ, Cooper, Fahey, etc but it's OK either way. Just don't go off ACTING like he's some young baby FRESHMAN competing against older upper classmen. That's not the reality of it.

• Upvote 2

Marjo are you serious Stephen has never weighed 157 anyone with half a brain could see h was nowhere near wrestling shape or weight he certified 138 on an idiotic machine h wrestled 112 his fresh yr certified 119 last and wrestled 125 no way he should have went 152 anyone who saw him knows he was undersized Fahy did not wrestle him his fresh yr because he said he couldn't make weight and copper wrestled 2 classes above him last yr and for your info Stephan will graduate at 18 sooo you are waaaaay wrong what's your agenda as for Austin hahah yes I listened to some good advice from the best coaches in the game and held Austin back news flash had we lived in ky they both would have more hs titles right now and Austin makes all age requirements soooooo quit hatin start celebratin cause You get to see some more studs wrestling in KY goin to fresh nationals and guess who will be at jr nat at 38 so if whoever wants some come get some now you learn how we do it.and the boys only wrestled after they were cleared and a couple times at prodigy while waiting not that it matters and hold back or not Austin did wrestle up and dismantle and totally control bigger older kids once again congrats to Newbury he had a tough draw and a great run in HS good kid and wrestler .I guess when Austin wrestles 220 or 195 and Stephan goes 145 or 138 next yr you will figure out that they did wrestle way you up then again they can wrestle wherever they want they think no one can beat them couldn't you tell this past weekend as for the oh hooplah Otto CC is in OH a bunch next ye who the heck do you think will beat them it's off season now I run the show and this is where we win ,looking forward to working with some KY kids ,

And we're you a 4 timer a 3 timer or what ,get real hold back or not no one has beaten Austin since 6 th grade and BO ,and he has wrestled everywhere in the country more than any fresh in ky or OH and yeah I said OH,

Just wondering why you are constantly going on and on about the boys wrestling "UP". Why the need to pretend that they are overcoming some major disadvantage because they aren't cutting down to whatever weight the fat test said they might be eligible for? I would guess that 70-80% of the kids wresling in the state competed at some weight class above what the fat test said they were eligible for. Ervin was eligible for 120, is he wrestling "UP"? Fahey was eligible for 132 and I am told walking aroung at 143. Is he wrestling "UP" at 138? Same for Cooper. He was eligible for 138. I guess he deserves more credit for dismantaling everybody at 145 since he was also wrestling "UP". Jude fat tested for 152!!! He's wrestling "UP" 2 classed as well! Stephen was at Reading a month and a half ago weighing 156. And don't give me the BS about not being in wrestling shape. When you train 12 months out of the year since 1st or 2nd grade your never that far removed from being in wrestling shape. I am sure they both weighed about the same as everyone else in there weight class. Normally wreslting "UP" means that you weigh in at a lower weight class as in a dual meet and the coach bumps you up to wrestle a higher weight class for team points. So give it a rest about how remarkable their performance was considering they were wrestling "UUUUUUUUPPPPPPPPPP"!!!!! By the way, they both wrestled great .... just not "UUUUUUUUUPPPPPPP"

Same thing with the constant comment about Austin being an amazing "FRESHMAN". For pete sake he's as old as some kids that are juniors and probably has twice as many years on the mat. Amazing "FRESHMAN" wrestling "UP"!! You don't need to pretend that they are anything more or less than what they really are. Both kids are tremendous wrestlers but are not at any disadvantage! Both have been held back. Which is fine by me, a lot of the top kids are holdbacks ie Jude, Carr, Brock, etc. I have no problem with it. I think it is more impressive when kids accomplish the same without being held back like TJ, Cooper, Fahey, etc but it's OK either way. Just don't go off ACTING like he's some young baby FRESHMAN competing against older upper classmen. That's not the reality of it.

Okay, I agree with some of what you have said here. Stephen did look big, imagine how he would have looked had he been able to drop down a class. He was very dominant at 52 without cutting. I can only imagine what he would have done to the field down a weight. Same for Austin. As for holding kids back. Like it or not, it was done within the rules. I never held any of my kids back. My son did not turn 21 until after his junior year of college! I looked beyond wrestling though and saw the big picture called life. He was/is mature and I saw no reason to hold him back. My belief is that holding a kid back should be done ONLY for social/educational purposes. Perhaps this was why Austin was held back.

• Upvote 1

He looked big huh haha guess he will look ginormous next yr ,your schemes are obvious wonder how big he may look in march at nat at 138 guess we can see the big matchup sooner than you think since everyone in ? Can go 38 so easily and it's 38 + so it shouldn't be a problem ,get real Fahy is taller than Stephen and Stephan was shorter than anyone he wrestled ,

Austin should do well at nat and when he's the first 4 timer in ky history to wrestle at his size no one will care that he was held back they will be glad to have a college wrestler challenging for AA status and getting it Hes thinking IND as well wants his posse cheering him on and of course he could have dear old dad close . Of course his brother has intent and big interest from some school in Cali maybe they go together who knows . Of course Austin has dreams of OSU and Stephs favorite college wrestler and our good friend is at OU all American Germaine Lindsey,hope Carr gets to OSU be neat with all of em on the team buy its an OHIO thing there now so who knows Brock would be a cool addition as well Damn I wish sec had wrestling it would be awesome !